Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-05-05 14:00:56

Prairie Chick

And it begins....

Well I had blue/black Orps, BLRW and a few BCM  hatch yesterday :hatch: with my Eo's, lavender D'Uccles and Ameracauna's due to hatch tomorrow.  Thinking this is good as I will be able to remove chicks quickly and move other eggs to the bottom.  :funny:
Well as the D'Uccles always do, they have started to break threw their shells yesterday.  I think their motto is "the early bird gets the worm" :funny:

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles
Waterfowl: Super dewlap Africans, Seb's, American Blue Geese, Muscovies,
also guinea fowl and peafowl

2012-05-05 14:00:56

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-05-05 14:33:30

Maggiesdad

Re: And it begins....

:congrats:  :cheer: go chickies! :cheer:

#3 2012-05-05 16:14:36

appway

:congrats:  Keep them Popping :happycrowd"
Nice to hear you are having a good hatch
Let me know what you end up with on the D'uccle's
as I am sure Darwin told you I was looking LOL
Joe

#4 2012-05-05 17:48:15

Micah and Kiah

:congrats:  I am cheering for a wonderful hatch!:cheer:

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#5 2012-05-05 19:24:14

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:jumping: :thumbs: Good luck!  :hatch:

#6 2012-05-07 22:55:07

Prairie Chick

Well so far there are 10 EO's and 2 D'Uccles.  Come on Ameracauna's and more D'Uccles & EO's
:hatch:
you can do it, I can tell...You can get out of that shell  :cheer:

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles

#7 2012-05-07 22:58:39

Flat Rock Farm

:cheer::congrats::cheer: That's great to hear PC :jumping:

#8 2012-05-08 14:19:51

Prairie Chick

Well it looks like that is all that are going to make it, I am very disappointed that none of the Ameracauna's hatched.  I will candle them and open them up today.  :sad:

On a good note, the EO's and D'Uccles that did hatch are very healthy, strong chicks :cheer:

#9 2012-05-08 14:39:51

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Shame you didn't get more PC, but you'll love the EOs, let me know if and how many Amers are clear and I'll refund you.  I don't think I'm going to ship any more of them, they just are not traveling as well as the EOs/BPs/PCs do and they are all wrapped well and fresh.  :banginghead:

Enjoy your babies.  :hatch: With a herd of EOs in the brooder they will tame up any other chicks you have in there.  I have a black penny pullet that comes for major attention now they are 3-4 weeks old and has watched them in actions and wants here turn now.  :chook:

#10 2012-05-08 14:58:35

Lindy Lou

Claire will you have any Wheaten Americaunas & Lavenders chicks for sale? If so can you let me know how many and when you will have some available. I would like to add to the two Little Lavender chicks I hatched.

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#11 2012-05-08 16:04:09

Micah and Kiah

When will you (Lindy Lou and PC) post photos of your wee ones?

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#12 2012-05-08 16:08:18

Lindy Lou

I am the worst person to ask for photos. I only got a digital camera 2 years ago and got the computer about the same time. I seldom take photos of the birds and still haven't got to grips with posting pictures on the forum despite Claire's patient attempts to show me how.
As I have said before "I'm from the Age of Aquarius not the Age of Technology" :funny:

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#13 2012-05-08 16:17:56

Prairie Chick

No worries Claire, you have done so much for me and I appreciate it.  I am happy with the EO's and D'Uccles. 

I must confess I did help a few out but it doesn't look good, their feet are all curled up so it looks like I will have to cull them.  :banginghead: I know better but I always want to give them at least a chance.

#14 2012-05-08 16:38:15

Micah and Kiah

I have posted some photos I uploaded from photo bucket so if you don't mind me coming by with my digital...once I'm feeling better anyway, I'd be happy to come! Ate something bad as I drove to Claire's yesterday and so I'm very under the weather.

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#15 2012-05-08 18:45:57

appway

Glad you got hatched what you did PC
I am the same way alot of times I know I should not help them But I always do as I think the same give them any chance I can
Looking forward to pics when ever you get a chance

#16 2012-05-08 18:58:16

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Lindy Lou wrote:

Claire will you have any Wheaten Americaunas & Lavenders chicks for sale? If so can you let me know how many and when you will have some available. I would like to add to the two Little Lavender chicks I hatched.

I have some due to hatch on the weekend (maybe 15 eggs between the two colours) but who knows what will show up.  :Crazy:  I think the next few weeks I am going to set all the Ameraucanas we get, and see what we can hatch, so we can work something out.  I have one lavender Amer nearly 4 weeks old, I think a pullet but they are hard to figure out.  She's go the small head doe-eyed look though like we had with last years.  She was the last to hatch of the 7 lavs that hatched, and 6 went to their new home in Newmarket then, she came along!

Hope you are OK Kathy, sounds nasty.  PC you are going to love the EOs when they all swarm your hand :love:

Adverts

Board footer