Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-05-02 19:16:20

Terra-Blue
Website

Illustrated Standard

I would like to suggest a topic of using photos to create sort of an illustrated standard. As a dog show judge, I realize that there is no animal that completely embodies a breed standard, so perhaps posting photos of outstanding examples of various parts of the standard would be a useful asset to all.  What I mean by this is to create photos for various things, such as some photos of outstanding leg color, good eyes,  excellent examples of each of the colors, etc.  Also of course some photos of whole hens and roosters of outstanding breed type would be essential as well.

Joni Johnson
Terra-Blue Pyrenean Shepherds
www.terra-blue.net

2012-05-02 19:16:20

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-05-02 20:34:00

Maggiesdad

Re: Illustrated Standard

We talked about that, but we couldn't figure out how to photoshop them all together to make it look real...  :oops:

#3 2012-05-10 01:18:20

Terra-Blue
Website

I am suggesting to just photograph the various parts, not to try to create the perfect bird as a composite.  So a photo of a rooster with an outstanding comb... just have a photo of his comb, etc.  In dogs we often do illustrated standards with drawings of the ideal and then also specific details of individual parts.  Since no dog, chicken or anything else ever meets the breed standard, a drawing of the ideal at some point could be useful, but also having visuals for what we are all aiming for in the various parts can be helpful as well as a learning tool.

Joni Johnson
www.terra-blue.net

#4 2012-05-10 01:47:52

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

It's a good idea, we did start it before with body parts, but there weren't really many photo submissions.  It might be better to pick a body part or trait you want clarity on and every one take pics of what they think is good and discuss it, I think the problem is no-one has a better idea than anyone else.

This was what we had talked about before, I just realized I have a rooster a lot like the one in Spain!

http://forums.euskaloiloas.com/viewtopic.php?id=569

I can make a sub-section in the Breed Type & Standard area if needed.

#5 2012-05-10 22:38:07

Terra-Blue
Website

I am also an artist and if anyone has a really great photo of a rooster and also of a hen I can do drawings of them from the photos and then make adjustments to change what could be better.  I would just need lots of input from those very experienced with the breed as to outstanding examples for the photos and for what could be better.

That would be great to have a section for all of this.

Joni Johnson
www.terra-blue.net

#6 2012-05-11 00:31:40

poplar girl
Administrator

Oh now THAT has great potential Terra-Blue. Drawings would be so very helpful! With spring it is tough to find the time but we must take you up on that offer.

There is a section called Breed Standard & Type, could the photos and subsequent illustrations go there?

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#7 2012-05-12 15:24:43

ChestnutRidge
Website

That would be awesome, Terra-Blue!  Thank you for volunteering!
:thanks:

#8 2012-05-15 00:56:01

Terra-Blue
Website

That would be great to have a section for all of this.  Also if the really experienced people in the breed want to email me photos of outstanding examples that would be great.  Having a lot of material to work from up front would be very helpful since then I would have it to work from as I have the time.

Joni Johnson
www.terra-blue.net

Adverts

Board footer