Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-07-15 00:38:00

poplar girl
Administrator

Cbotkin is having a sale!

Clayton Botkin is having a Canadian Brinsea Incubator SALE! Octagon 20, 40 and minis.

http://www.cbotkin.ca/Online_Store/Incu … fault.html

Claire do you know anyone looking for an incubator? :whistle:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

2011-07-15 00:38:00

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-07-15 00:47:30

Susan
Administrator

Re: Cbotkin is having a sale!

I was admiring yours in your pics PG. Did you get it from Clayton? How many eggs does it hold and how much do you like it?

#3 2011-07-15 02:30:39

poplar girl
Administrator

Well...I did not get mine from Clayton. I bought it off ebay. That said if I'd waited for Clayton's sale last fall it would have been cheaper to buy from him.

I have purchased other things from cbotkin: ecoglo brooder, creep feeders, spot check thermometer, new SOP...
Service was excellent.

About my incubator. I do like it. Much better than the hovabator. Mine (Octagon 20) holds 24 large chicken eggs. The turning motion is very good. Humidity sensor and pump I love. Mine was not quite calibrated correctly from the factory which was a bit upsetting. It works well for almost any size eggs including duck eggs which I did put in the turner. Main drawback is hatching in it gets chick fuzz in the top fan area. Getting said fuzz out is a real pain. I just cleaned mine up and packed it away for the season and it took quite awhile to clean out that top area.

Since my only comparison is the hovabator not sure how to judge? The Octagon 40 if you can get a humidity pump for it might be a better size. The Octagon 20 keeps me from going too big (unless I get desperate and run the hovabator along side :oops:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#4 2011-07-15 10:14:26

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

So tempting.... Thanks for letting me know

I should email his am and ask about the Octo 40 and the humidity as I don't think anything is digital, it's like the eco 20 maybe....  It is between that the Ova Easy 190, Berryhill has the Roll-X that holds 70-90 eggs now, looks like they just started stocking marsh/lyons.  Everything I have read says they are great and last for years and now Berryhill has parts for them.  The other option is a used Marsh/Lyons Cabinet but it is  a ferry ride away, a good 6-7 hours each way I think.  there are eggs "burning a hole in my pocket".  None of the Rcoms seem to hod more than 20, and I really just like a few more! :doI?:  I will decide soon I know I will, the internet is way faster at home compared to that motel so I can check some more!

Adverts

Board footer