Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#26 2013-07-20 02:10:21

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: White EO Question

Both would have to have one gene for it NP, correct. Your chick to be RW would need to have two.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

2013-07-20 02:10:21

AdBot
Advertisements

#27 2013-07-20 02:16:06

NaturesPace
Website

Thanks that's what I thought. The dam was a Millie, do you think that is a trait for them? I'm guessing Millie and RW are different genes.

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

#28 2013-07-20 13:52:34

poplar girl
Administrator

Yes, Mille and RW are separate genes but both recessive. I don't believe they are linked but I am not sure in that one.

I have never had a RW EO so far but I did have some chicks start to feather out with all white feathers this year and then at about 2 weeks the colored feathers started to come in. They turned out to be Mille/splash birds.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer