Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-06-27 15:21:13

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Posting Guidelines to make the site easier to read!

Following these guidelines will make the forum easier to read, and information easier to find and may get you better responses to your queries.

Please start new topics in the appropriate Forum. If there is no forum for your topic or thread, post it in the General Discussion Forum   Please do not post duplicate threads and if the topic is relevant to more than one forum, pick the best fit or most specific forum and post it only once.  We may move some of the general discussion topics as we create new categories as the site grows.

Please read the stickies in that section before starting a new thread.  There may be valuable information in the sticky that answers your question.  Stickies can be found at the beginning of each category such as General Discussion.  Feel free to recognise and draw to admin/mod attention any outstanding posts or links that should be stickies.

Please do not be offended if a moderator decides that your thread is more suitable in another forum and moves it there.

Please be descriptive in the subjects of your new topics and try to stay on topic as you post. Example: do not say "Help!", but "I'm having trouble with whatever and need some help" You will attract members who may have experience with that specific area.

Way off-topic posts maybe deleted/edited. Please try to stay on-topic. There will be some leniency on this, and we don't mind if you bring in another idea or two, but stay focused. If you think it's a good enough topic, start a new thread about it. Please use a title that describes the content of your post.

Remember the best way to search for a particular item is through the “Search” button on the top menu.  Browsing the categories can be enjoyable if you are not in a desperate hurry for some information, but may be frustrating if you need something quick.

Please don't spam - These posts will be deleted without any warning. Spamming can also be posting off topic subjects that have little to do with the subject being discussed.  If in doubt, don’t post it.  Thanks.

Please post all the relevant poultry referral links you want, we learn from others experience, whether on another poultry forum, blog, or website. :D

You are welcome to post about other chicken breeds and homesteading subjects.  We want to foster a friendly community of chicken lovers, not stifle our natural enthusiasm and enjoyment!  We will expand the forum categories if these areas are posted on regularly.

2011-06-27 15:21:13

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-07-16 01:35:19

TheOldGuy

Re: Posting Guidelines to make the site easier to read!

Well, figuring this site out must be do-able since lots of chicken folks are posting here ...but it taxes the intellect of an old man.

I bought some eggs off of eBay last year to start a line of these fine birds.  Only two of the eggs hatched.  I have a digital Sportsman incubator and it hatches everything that's viable.  But the US Postal Service is not kind to fertile eggs.

There was a rooster and a hen hatched out ...how great is that ?!!?  But when I left all my birds for someone to feed while I took a necessary trip to Arizona, the hen was killed by a predator.  Now I have a mature, fine-looking rooster and he has no hens.   I need to buy a few fertile eggs.  Anybody have some for sale??

I have a few breeds of chickens and a few breeds of turkeys.  I hope I can actually get these Spanish-speaking birds going.

Steven

#3 2014-07-16 02:13:30

Maggiesdad

Hmmmm... you should pm aarzauga on here - he has six of my 2nd string gals. If you could put your bird in his tractor for a bit, you could start collecting in the second week... last I checked his girls were laying about 2doz a week.

maybe y'all could work something out.
Just sayin'...:whistle:

#4 2014-07-16 11:09:55

Flat Rock Farm

Well if you were this side of  :Canada: border I could help you out with some eggs.

Oh and by the way TheOldGuy :welcome: to the forum :happycrowd"

Adverts

Board footer