Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-02-05 03:00:11

pops coops
Website

Title ? Well very sad tonight, it is going to be a long long night

My heart is sad tonight :( , Pearl a Bare eyed Cockatoo that I hand raised in 1982, 2 years younger than my daughter and 1 years older than my son, is not well, My daughter called and said that pearl was sick, this could be a very long story but to make it short I am tube feeding her very liquefied food every half hour 12 cc, , she has never laid an egg until just after Christmas, and she has laid 6, she is calcium deficient from egg production and probably dehydrated, have her on a heating pad. I do hope she makes it, she is very dear to us all, she was sold twice the second time she came back I swore she would never be sold again that was in 1985. She would fly with me outside all around the acreage, she would let me do anything with her, she always got excited when I came home or in the last few years when I went to my daughters. Pearl is a very special bird and one of the most trustable and well trained birds I have ever raised, unless you are very short ( my son tormented her), she is friends with everyone but when I tapped my arm she would fly to it no matter where she was. She has this I am so happy to be with you clicking sound, click click click click, she was happy. She has never bitten me but tonight she has drawn blood whenever I put the tube into her crop. I have no choice. I am also mad at myself, Pearl has never eaten a good diet (her choice) so I should have known that she would not be able to maintain good health with laying eggs. I guess of all the birds I have had in my life she is the dearest, 30 is not old for a parrot but one that did not like to eat well then maybe it is, I will be up with her all night feeding every hour or so.

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.
http://popscoops.com/

2012-02-05 03:00:11

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-02-05 03:29:52

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Re: Title ? Well very sad tonight, it is going to be a long long night

Oh Pops.  Pearl sounds like a member of the family.   She sounds like quite a character and has had a given lots of love and your with your family.  I hope she pulls through. Thinking of you tonight.  Hugs.

#3 2012-02-05 04:07:32

Lindy Lou

I'm so sorry Pops. I sincerely hope Pearl pulls through. Sending good wishes your way. :hug:

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#4 2012-02-05 04:15:19

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

:(
hope pearl starts doing a bit better

Mainly raising Norwegian  Jaerhorn’s, Partridge  Chantecler’s, White Chantecler’s,  Euskal Oiloas, Ameraucana’s, Wheaten Maran’s, Barred Rock Cochin’s, White Silkie’s , Saxony Ducks, Rouen Clair ducks, Australian Spotted Ducks Lavender Guinea Fowl, Welsh Mountain Sheep, Cashmere Goats and Texas Longhorn Cattle.

#5 2012-02-05 04:31:47

pops coops
Website

She is on a heat pad, acting a bit better gave me a click sound, at 11 I will give her another crop feeding very liquified, next to my kids she is one of mine, she knows that all is not well and all she wants is to be held, but she must have heat, it is going to be a long long night.

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.

#6 2012-02-05 05:14:19

Lisa

Pops,

Sending postive energy your way for you and for Pearl. C'mon girlie!

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

#7 2012-02-05 06:08:59

NaturesPace
Website

:hug:
I hope Pearl is doing better soon. Try to cuddle and get some rest.

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

#8 2012-02-05 12:13:26

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

I hope Pearl will soon be feeling better.  A complete recovery.  We raised Exotic birds for several years as well, that is till our youngest daughter developed severe asthma.  It was heart breaking to have to sell and give away every bird.  Sending hugs and healing thoughts your way Pops

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”      Unknown

#9 2012-02-05 12:38:19

Maggiesdad

Here's hoping today dawns better, pops. 
Come on, Pearl!

#10 2012-02-05 13:50:54

poplar girl
Administrator

:hug: How did things go through the night Pops?

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#11 2012-02-05 13:58:13

Susan
Administrator

I'm so sorry pops. I know if anything can be done for her, you can do it. How is she this morning?

#12 2012-02-05 15:13:36

pops coops
Website

She is looking a bit better, her eyes are brighter, she made her click sound a couple times, It is her happy sound, she is fighting me giving her food,

#13 2012-02-05 15:17:19

Susan
Administrator

Good news! If they can fight, there is hope :) good luck!

#14 2012-02-05 16:46:48

Flat Rock Farm

Susan wrote:

Good news! If they can fight, there is hope :) good luck!

Totally agree :thumbs:  Good luck!!

#15 2012-02-05 21:08:21

Helliefant

Wishing you well on your quest...it's hard to know what to do when they are sick
:hug:

#16 2012-02-05 21:12:19

pops coops
Website

Don't want to jinx this But she is looking much better, put water in hospital cage and she drank 3 good beak full, that is a good sign, gave some pellets on the bottom she ate one, I put some seeds on the bottom and she moved away, looked at me and started to kiss my hand like she does and made her clicking sound. To early to tell for sure but I did not think she would recover.

#17 2012-02-05 23:11:17

Maggiesdad

fingers crossed! :thumbs:

#18 2012-02-05 23:43:20

nuthatch333

Maggiesdad wrote:

fingers crossed! :thumbs:

ditto
I hope she keeps improving, so hard to loss the special ones.

#19 2012-02-05 23:57:45

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Pops, I hope she continues to improve and that tonight is better.

Adverts

Board footer