Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-01-08 18:23:18

cjwaldon

Hello from Holt, MO, USA

Since I'm hoping to get some EO eggs soon, I guess it's time to stop lurking and start posting!

Hi, my name is Candace Waldon.  I'm from Holt, Missouri, which is just north of Kansas City.  I've had hatchery chickens for several years.  I got my first incubator in September, 2011, and I bought my 2nd incubator a month later.  I haven't turned them off since. 

Ok, I confess . . . I'm already a hatch-a-holic.  I here there is no cure for this disease.

I've hatched several breeds to try this year - blue splash marans, wheaten ameraucanas, blue laced red Wyandottes, showgirls, bantam lavender ameraucanas, and cream legbars (ok, I had to buy chicks in order to get these).  I love it when the chickens follow me around the yard.  I'm really looking forward to trying EOs.

2012-01-08 18:23:18

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-01-08 18:39:33

pops coops
Website

Re: Hello from Holt, MO, USA

Welcome and yes it is a disease that there is no cure . Maybe set up a chapter of HEA

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.
http://popscoops.com/

#3 2012-01-08 18:39:34

Flat Rock Farm

:welcome: Candace, well sounds like you have it bad like the rest of us.  You will love the EO's when you get them and you will see what all the fuss is about :thumbs:  :EO:

#4 2012-01-08 18:42:41

Island Girl

:welcome: Candace, you are definitely in good company here!

XOX Monika

#5 2012-01-08 19:03:16

poplar girl
Administrator

:welcome: Candace. Sounds like you have had a very busy fall and winter so far! :hatch: You are certainly going to have one beautiful rainbow basket of eggs once all your chicks start laying :layer:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#6 2012-01-08 19:12:58

Lindy Lou

Hello and welcome from the frozen north. Well actually it's not really frozen here at the minute but I'm sure it will change.
You are in good company here, everyone is very helpful, there aren't any egos just people trying to learn all they can about these wonderful birds. Once you have EO's you'll have them for life.
I spent some time working in Kansas City Kansas a few years ago and I was very impressed with the place and the people. :thumbs:

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#7 2012-01-08 19:20:42

Maggiesdad

:welcome: To the EO Forum! :EO:  :applause: :chook: :applause:

Adverts

Board footer