Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-12-13 22:30:06

pops coops
Website

Ionic Silver what it is what it does

I am going to try and make this short if I can, Ionic silver is a natural and long used homeopathic remedy that kills hundreds of organisms, silver works different than medications that attack and kill, silver suffocates the more than 600 know organisms. I have used it on individual birds that I could use it on when nothing else worked, I have a wonderful wife ( nana diamonds ) who now takes silver for 2 weeks then one week off, she has not had a cold or the flue since taking this and she works in a school, her immune system was very low and always sick until she started taking silver. I have used it on external wounds on myself (I used to heal so slow but with silver I heal fast); I have used it on infections on horses and dogs and birds of all kinds. I had a Orpington hen ( I thought ) that was always sick, treated her with Tylan, Borgal and all the others off and on for 6 months, I looked at her one day her eyes were again with bubbles and sneezing and fluid running out of her nose, I told her she had one more chance if the silver did not work I was going to have to put her down, every day for a week I gave her 7cc of silver and this is her now, what I thought was a scrawny hen was a rooster, he was too young to tell and too sick to start looking like a roo ( picture of Orpington attached).  He is now strong never been ill again and is huge. Silver is not cheap and the only way to treat is by mouth so with a flock like mine cost and time prohibitive, but every bird that now enters my flock has been on silver for 4 days and another week till it can enter the flock. I have posted a link to a web site, please log on and read very interesting. Some washing machines in hospitals now have silver bars in them to kill organisms and GE now has them in some of home machines as well. It is also now believed to kill the aids virus I hope this has been some help, I would also like to say that I also use ACV every day in my parrots and parrotlets water and at least once a week in the chickens, peafowl and Guinea water, I try for  every day but does not always work out.

Ionic Silver Solution - Powerful Natural Antibiotic! Mission Falls Ionic Silver Solution is a pure solution of Sub-Atomic Silver Ions making it the most powerful and bio-available form of Silver on the market. Most antibiotics kill only 6 or 7 different disease organisms, but silver is known to kill as many as 650 of these organisms - almost 100 times more (parasites, fungi, viruses, etc)!

http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1158085781.php

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/popscoops/roostersandchicks030.jpg

Last edited by pops coops (2011-12-13 23:56:54)

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.
http://popscoops.com/

2011-12-13 22:30:06

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-12-13 23:15:34

Susan
Administrator

Re: Ionic Silver what it is what it does

Thanks Pops for a very informative post!

#3 2011-12-13 23:47:01

Flat Rock Farm

I agree very informative, I have never heard of it before.  Pops where do you purchase it from??

#4 2011-12-13 23:56:10

pops coops
Website

I am surpised at how many people have never know about it, it has been used for hundreds of years, The Myans from South America would shave silver and swallow it for health. I get it at a health food store called Mom's there are other brands I buy Mission falls . I contacted Mission Falls and they did say it was avlible across Canada tythere number is 1 866 661-1305

this one is avalible on line and I am going to give it a try     http://www.guardian-silver-health-supplements.com/

Last edited by pops coops (2011-12-13 23:58:49)

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.

#5 2011-12-14 01:16:27

poplar girl
Administrator

Really interesting Pops. I am going to do some reading. I think there is silver in some of the band aids now as well, to speed up healing.

:goodthread:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#6 2011-12-14 01:24:56

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

That is amazing Pops!  I have heard about it, Cynthia M in BC makes it (for pennies a time) and put a great thread on ACE,  I have the pure silver to make it with (bought on Ebay) but still have to get the power pack for making it, you need an electrical current.  I will gte to it  It is supposed to be great for burns and infections.  Like lavender oil =D

#7 2011-12-14 01:47:01

pops coops
Website

It is fantastic for burns, i burnt myself bad at thanksgiving sprayed it on and in 2 days nothing was there, yes I am told it can be made for pennies will be looking into it, as for infections they are gone in 24 hours

#8 2011-12-14 02:50:37

Flat Rock Farm

skeffling lavender farm wrote:

That is amazing Pops!  I have heard about it, Cynthia M in BC makes it (for pennies a time) and put a great thread on ACE,  I have the pure silver to make it with (bought on Ebay) but still have to get the power pack for making it, you need an electrical current.  I will gte to it  It is supposed to be great for burns and infections.  Like lavender oil =D

Well Claire if you make it, I will come :thumbsup:

I ordered some online but would much rather purchase it from you in the future =D

#9 2011-12-15 01:29:19

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I will get some made at some point, thinking about it for Curly's foot!  He's still limping poor lad!  We are going into town, should look at radioshack (or whatever it is called now) for the power pack....I have lots of big 1 gallon glass jars.

#10 2011-12-15 01:35:44

Susan
Administrator

I'd be interested in knowing how to make it!

#11 2011-12-15 02:29:50

Lindy Lou

Oh Claire I feel another tutorial coming On :please:

PS Love the new Smilies :snowman:

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#12 2011-12-15 03:24:36

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I'll see what I can do.... :snowman: I like that one too! :funny:

#13 2011-12-16 03:14:45

pops coops
Website

skeffling lavender farm wrote:

Any way you can get her to post it on here or copy past i would love to make it

#14 2011-12-16 12:51:08

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Will figure it out.  I'll ask her first.  We didn't get the power pack when we were in town getting feed, as we realized while sitting in Pizza Hut, that someone must have been in our barn 2 days in a row with the water, so I was bummered, wanted to come home not shop. :sad:

#15 2011-12-16 12:57:54

Susan
Administrator

Oh wow Claire. :banginghead:  please call the police and file a report. You may be glad you did. Things like this can escalate. I am worried for you.

#16 2011-12-16 13:06:35

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I am too when I realized ti was twice.  I said that to Nathan and he said they wouldn't care.  But maybe I will.  I'll talk to him today.

#17 2011-12-16 13:42:59

Lindy Lou

I'm so sorry this has happened to you & Nathan. I think you should probably call the police and report it. If any real damage is ever done your Insurance company may want to have police file report #. Aren't some people just down right rotten.
Sending you a hug Claire. :hug:

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#18 2011-12-16 17:02:06

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Sorry we hijacked.  I'll post about it on my "what a pain" thread later.  I field an initial report over the phone and someone is supposed to be getting back to me.  Now where were we? :surfing:

#19 2011-12-16 23:02:07

ipf

What, exactly, is a "Sub-Atomic Silver Ion"? An atom is the smallest quantity of an element that retains its "element-ness". A silver atom is silver; a component part of that atom is not.   When I read things like that, it makes me VERY sceptical of the whole thing, which in this case is a shame, because silver solutions clearly can assist in healing. However, touting it as an AIDS cure is both irresponsible and potentially dangerous; it is not.

Wikipedia on the subject is, IMO, balanced and reasonable. Note the caution against excessive consumption - it can result in argyria (grey skin) or worse.
"The silver ion (Ag+) is bioactive and in sufficient concentration readily kills bacteria in vitro. Silver also kills bacteria in external wounds in living tissue, so physicians use wound dressings containing silver sulfadiazine (Ag-SD) or silver nanomaterials to treat external infections.[1][2][3][4][5] Wound dressings containing silver are increasing in importance due to the recent increase of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, such as MRSA.[6] The disinfectant properties of silver are used in medical applications, such as urinary catheters and endotracheal breathing tubes, where the silver content is effective in reducing incidences of catheter-related urinary tract infections and ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP), respectively.[7][8][9][10] Silver is also used in bone prostheses, reconstructive orthopaedic surgery and cardiac devices,[11] as well as on surfaces and fabrics to reduce the spread of infection.[12][13]

Since the 1990s, "colloidal silver", a liquid suspension of microscopic silver particles, has been marketed as an alternative medicine, often claiming impressive "cure-all" qualities. The effectiveness of these products has never been scientifically proven, and in some jurisdictions, it is currently illegal to include such claims in product advertisements.[14] Medical authorities and publications advise against the ingestion of colloidal silver preparations, because of their lack of proven effectiveness and because of the risk of adverse side effects, such as argyria.[2][15][16][17] Historically, colloidal silver was also used as an internal medication to treat a variety of diseases. Their use was largely discontinued in the 1940s, due to the development of safe and effective modern antibiotics and concern about adverse side effects.[17][18]"

Last edited by ipf (2011-12-16 23:02:32)

#20 2011-12-16 23:12:10

pops coops
Website

ipf wrote:

What, exactly, is a "Sub-Atomic Silver Ion"? An atom is the smallest quantity of an element that retains its "element-ness". A silver atom is silver; a component part of that atom is not.   When I read things like that, it makes me VERY sceptical of the whole thing, which in this case is a shame, because silver solutions clearly can assist in healing. However, touting it as an AIDS cure is both irresponsible and potentially dangerous; it is not.

Wikipedia on the subject is, IMO, balanced and reasonable. Note the caution against excessive consumption - it can result in argyria (grey skin) or worse.
"The silver ion (Ag+) is bioactive and in sufficient concentration readily kills bacteria in vitro. Silver also kills bacteria in external wounds in living tissue, so physicians use wound dressings containing silver sulfadiazine (Ag-SD) or silver nanomaterials to treat external infections.[1][2][3][4][5] Wound dressings containing silver are increasing in importance due to the recent increase of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, such as MRSA.[6] The disinfectant properties of silver are used in medical applications, such as urinary catheters and endotracheal breathing tubes, where the silver content is effective in reducing incidences of catheter-related urinary tract infections and ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP), respectively.[7][8][9][10] Silver is also used in bone prostheses, reconstructive orthopaedic surgery and cardiac devices,[11] as well as on surfaces and fabrics to reduce the spread of infection.[12][13]

Since the 1990s, "colloidal silver", a liquid suspension of microscopic silver particles, has been marketed as an alternative medicine, often claiming impressive "cure-all" qualities. The effectiveness of these products has never been scientifically proven, and in some jurisdictions, it is currently illegal to include such claims in product advertisements.[14] Medical authorities and publications advise against the ingestion of colloidal silver preparations, because of their lack of proven effectiveness and because of the risk of adverse side effects, such as argyria.[2][15][16][17] Historically, colloidal silver was also used as an internal medication to treat a variety of diseases. Their use was largely discontinued in the 1940s, due to the development of safe and effective modern antibiotics and concern about adverse side effects.[17][18]"

I have read so many articles on Ionic silver I can't remember how many anymore, looked at it and reaserched it for years, here is the link again http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1158085781.php , it now on bandaids to help promote healing, it is on some hospital dressings, it is even in some contact solutions. I have read more than one article on silver is belived to be able to kill the aids virus. I would also like to ad this link to an aids site and there are hundreds of them, http://jualionicsilver.info/aidshiv

Last edited by pops coops (2011-12-17 00:01:31)

Adverts

Board footer