Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#26 2011-11-29 02:32:18

gubi
Website

Re: Fantastic colors of eggs

I have a friend who's wive only eats store bought white eggs because the brown eggs gross her out.  I have given them some eggs before and she cooked them for him and their kids but I'm not sure if she ate any.   I also had a guy from Toronto buy some and next time he asked me if i didn't have any just brown eggs but most of my friends love the different colored eggs especially the kids.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

2011-11-29 02:32:18

AdBot
Advertisements

#27 2011-11-29 07:02:21

Skylinepoultry
Website

:goodthread:
Could you imagine if something really bad happened in this world and everyone had to resort back to the old ways. Everyone is so dependent on stores (myself as well) and mass produced items. I believe half the population would starve to death because they wouldnt want to eat a blue egg,lol. Or better yet know how to get food from other than a grocery store.  Man, we are so lost. It is easy to go grab a bite to eat and whip up a fast bite in the microwave. But having the knowledge knowing you could live without them things is priceless. Cooking on an open flame, raising your own meat, makeing your own cheese, etc. Rewarding and priceless, period!

#28 2011-11-29 15:13:48

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Skylinepoultry wrote:

But having the knowledge knowing you could live without them things is priceless. Cooking on an open flame, raising your own meat, makeing your own cheese, etc. Rewarding and priceless, period!

That is what attracts me to self sufficiency, the process is enjoyable, the results are wonderful and tasty and the feeling is one of comfort, warmth and accomplishment.  Just makes life feel wonderful.  Don't think I could go back. I"d have to be so old I couldn't collect eggs, make jam or stack wood.  We do get lazier (read more efficient) every year but it is still a great feeling to have mostly our own food. 

It is neat more people are learning though, amazing in the last few years. :thumbs:

#29 2011-11-30 00:17:59

Maggiesdad

Beautiful eggs, Pops!

I think some of today's "food pickyness" peculiarities comes from multiple generations of folks that have never been hungry.

#30 2011-11-30 00:47:53

Skylinepoultry
Website

Maggiesdad wrote:

Beautiful eggs, Pops!

I think some of today's "food pickyness" peculiarities comes from multiple generations of folks that have never been hungry.

That was dead on the money in my opinion.. I grew up dirt poor and I know what it means to go without. It really made me appreciate everything. And the older I get the more I see how vulnerable we are.. So seeing a beautiful bouquet of eggs like that is a truley wonderful sight. We won't go hungry,lol.

Adverts

Board footer