Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-11-26 18:40:15

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

OK I did it Lynn!

I got photoshop and learned how to get the poop out of chicken photos and started my rare Poultry Gifts Zazzle shop this week!  I didn't want to seem commercial on the site, but I thought you would all get a kick out of this and it is pretty cool really. 

I have so many chicken pictures, it seemed a shame not to do something with therm!  No EOs in there yet, but there will be!  It is time consuming to get going, and when I say I have zillions of pics to go through, I am not exaggerating! :banginghead:

There's a link to my Belted Galloway store too on the main chicken gifts page. My Beltie gift items have been shipped to Wisconsin, Maine, and New York so far!

http://www.zazzle.com/rarepoultrygifts

I plan on doing some chicken designs with writing too especially for the EOs, and eventually some chicken humour too!  Anyone can shop on there and upload their own pics and put them on T-shirts and mugs etc.  It's a neat idea.  I have an antique lace shop too!

2011-11-26 18:40:15

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-11-26 19:15:51

Lindy Lou

Re: OK I did it Lynn!

Holy Smokes Claire!! Where do you find the time? I feel like such a time waster cause I never get around to half the stuff that you do.
WAY TO GO GIRL :happycrowd"
I'll be sure to have a look at everything after I get the Christmas lights up.

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#3 2011-11-26 21:02:04

Susan
Administrator

Good for you Claire! I'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can get to the computer. :thumbsup:

#4 2011-11-27 00:44:42

Flat Rock Farm

Lindy Lou wrote:

Holy Smokes Claire!! Where do you find the time? I feel like such a time waster cause I never get around to half the stuff that you do.
WAY TO GO GIRL :happycrowd"
I'll be sure to have a look at everything after I get the Christmas lights up.

I agree, holy smokes Claire I don't know how you do it.  Very cool site and neat ideas which Santa did some shopping early, LOL

#5 2011-11-27 01:41:23

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I can`t seem to sit still that's for sure.  It's certainly fun to do the online stuff, I always liked designing things and writing too.  And Lindy, the thought of having to look in another mouth motivates me as well!!  You know, I must love it when I'm soaking in the tub thinking up chicken slogans and stuff to put on mugs and t-shirts.  Or dreaming up ideas for articles.  There's not enough hours in a day though! 

Paula I am so glad Santa checked it out, that's great and very encouraging he liked them so much.  Thank you.  I just wanted to share what I had been up to! Chances are there will be some of your birds in these pics.  The little blue Frizzle dude will be for sure, I already did his pic onto the white background, and need to put it on some things, then it takes about 24 hours for them to put them on the site.  I bet you guys will recognize some of birds in the pictures anyway!

#6 2011-11-27 02:39:35

Island Girl

All I can say right now is wow! Time to send hubby a link :P You are an amazing woman, I get tired just thinking about all you accomplish.

XOX Monika

#7 2011-11-27 13:55:23

Flat Rock Farm

Thats great Claire, if you want an updated picture of Paganini let me know because he has really changed and turned out quite handsome!!

#8 2011-11-27 15:04:13

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:oops: I tell you there definitely aren't enough hours in a day Monika!! 

Paganini! 
Love the name Paula.  I bet he is gorgeous.  I'd love to see him though it wouldn't be fair to use your pic.  I will put his name on the listing though!   Here's the pic I have gussied up of him as a young un!

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/skefflinglavenderfarm/laterfowlpow017copy.jpg

#9 2011-11-27 15:47:49

Lindy Lou

Awwww He would look absolutely gorgeous on your stuff Claire. Isn't Paganini just the best name for him?

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#10 2011-11-27 17:40:33

Flat Rock Farm

Claire you most definatley can use my picture of him.  The picture you posted is not of him though??  Is this Pimp Daddy when he was young, Pag's Father??  That's who it looks like, cute little guy, can't help lovin the frizzle's. :love:

#11 2011-11-27 23:02:50

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks Paula.  This must be Paganinis Daddy!  The all white dude, Samourai was this guys Daddy if I recall correctly.  This guy is perfectly round in the pic and had only just got his light hackles.  The frizzle cochins are cute little dudes.

#12 2011-11-28 02:50:00

Flat Rock Farm

LMAO, well then that would explain why I would get the odd white frizzle chicks from him.  I gave some eggs to Sandra "Backtobasics" and after they hatched she got a white one and I told her they would either be black or blue because that was the only birds I had :whistle:  I am thinking were the heck is this white gene coming from???  Then I hatched some myself, the same thing I got two white chicks, so by this time I am really scratching my head.

So thank you for mentioning that, I couldn't figure it out and thought I was loosing it in the :Crazy:  Whew :lol:

Last edited by Flat Rock Farm (2011-11-28 02:50:46)

#13 2011-11-28 17:43:23

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Yup that would explain it.  :applause:  His Momma was all blue, round like him, good quality and from the F&F last spring.  Here a pic I already had on PB!  There was every colour, shade shape and frizzle of babies that hatched from these! I know you go dome of them Paula.  Wasn't she lovely? 

Mom
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/skefflinglavenderfarm/Furandfeatherbootyandspringproje-1.jpg

Dad
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/skefflinglavenderfarm/2009youngBirdies8-12weeks113.jpg

#14 2011-11-28 18:12:14

Lindy Lou

OMG Claire That white Frizzle fella is just unbelievably cute :love:

Last edited by Lindy Lou (2011-11-28 18:12:36)

#15 2011-11-28 20:51:18

Susan
Administrator

Well I better add a pic of my little dude too! :)

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad24/Susan7935/November282011042-1.jpg

#16 2011-11-28 21:15:38

Lindy Lou

OMG another one. Is'nt he just gorgeous.

#17 2011-11-28 22:01:56

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Man that little dude is so cute, :love: I have never ever seen a chook that looked like that before.  Cool colour. Unique and crazy tight frizzling.  He looks like a member of Duran Duran! Or maybe Europe!  The final countdown.... so that`s Paganini!?  What colour was his Momma?

Lynn that little white dude was relentless when there was another rooster he "disfavoured" ...he's the one that was red with blood then pink, when I hosed him off after fighting with a Millie!  He'd be a hot floppy panting rag doll when you picked him up, then put him down, and he was off again!  He was actually a sweet chook.

#18 2011-11-28 22:30:08

Flat Rock Farm

Yes Claire she is beautiful, well Paganini has the lighter collar around his neck like his daddy but he is black like Mamma silkie "Diana Ross".  I will have to get some updated pictures, he's awesome.

Susan very unique frizzle!!  :thumbs:

#19 2011-11-28 23:56:19

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Duh, :oops: I didn't see it was Susan's dude!  Super cool little fella.  So what were his parents like Susan? 

So Paganini is a sizzle Paula?  Diana Ross always did love to sit around in the nest all the time even when she was young!

#20 2011-11-29 00:11:19

Flat Rock Farm

Yep, he's is a Sizzle. :love:  Diana is a good broody and even though I am selling all my silkies I am keeping her.  She got quite sick late in the summer, had some kind of upper resp. infection.  Put her on Baytril for 5 days and she recovered fully :jumping:

#21 2011-11-29 00:28:06

Susan
Administrator

Don't know his parents, hatched him from eggs from CJones. Claire is that a sale on your website for everything until 8 tonight? If it is, I'd better hurry and get my order in! I'd love to write my Merry Christmas and Thank You cards to my egg customers on the "heritage egg"  notecards " and get one of the keychains for myself! :)

#22 2011-11-29 01:20:19

Flat Rock Farm

I know I love the BLRW key chain, ordered one for myself and the SG Dorking mouse pad.  Santa came early!!

#23 2011-11-29 01:20:52

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I am glad Diana Ross was fine, she was such a tiny little thing with big hair when you got her last year!

Oh Susan, I will put more designs up, there is always something on sale though I have no control over what, then. So am not sure what is one sale when!  I think it is  a pretty good sale right now usually there is something on sale, say mugs or hats or something like 1 or 2 categories at a time, but I think the discounts are less.  Cards may well go on sale again and I can get more designs up...I have a Violet one and a blue silkie one it says have gone through but I don't see them on the site yet.

You can add your own text inside or above the chickens on the front of the cards too (and you can drag them to where you want them to put any text in) and there are tons of fonts. I like the "crazy chicken lady" font! 

I just checked 50% off cards is awesome, it's usually 15% or something,  the thing says 6 hours left.

OK they are are made but not in the store, so I have links to Silkie card 2 orientations, I don't think they'll be in the store til tomorrow, so this gives you some more choice anyway
http://www.zazzle.com/cute_fluffy_blue_ … 9417983116
http://www.zazzle.com/cute_fluffy_blue_ … 9417983116

And Violet
http://www.zazzle.com/violet_the_lavend … 9417983116
http://www.zazzle.com/violet_the_lavend … 9417983116

I am uploading EO pics to post on here to PB and it is taking ages :banginghead:  they were outside on the grass today

#24 2011-11-29 01:37:01

Susan
Administrator

Wow, if I have 6 hours that's awesome, trying to get chores done and order some cards! Nice work Claire!

#25 2011-11-29 01:46:27

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks.  No rush there. I forget you are 2 hours behind us!  You should see how many EO pics I've got coming, Specky and his women then the young uns!

You know I just took another look at the white guy Samourai and he must be looking at a chicken he didn't like as his face was going red....his little face used to go purple when he was fighting, I was sure he'd have a heart attack one day!

Adverts

Board footer