Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-07-01 18:26:53

Susan
Administrator

Happy Canada Day- What are you doing?

Well, today Canada is 144 years old. We have a celebration in one of the cities parks here complete with bands, food and fireworks. I'm hoping to take the kids to check it out, but for the past 2 hours, I've been sitting at the vets. Note: vets aren't on regular hours today (sigh), but Tempest has a wound on his head. I tried to clean it and find out what was wrong but it was hard to try to sit on top of a squirming, crying 110 pound dog who is surprisingly agile and possesses a very low pain tolerance.  Well I hope they let me know what's up soon- could be worse, its only taking so long because there have been a few critical cases come in while we were here. My daughter isn't too impressed. I am supposed to be assisting her with making my birthday cupcakes today. She's so proud of her design!

2011-07-01 18:26:53

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-07-01 19:03:16

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Re: Happy Canada Day- What are you doing?

Oh dear.  I hope you are seen soon and it's nothing too serious. 

It is perfect weather here, warm and breezy and sunny.  I just picked about 3 pounds of chamomile flower heads for tea and will dry them in the oven tonight.  Took me well over 2 hours to pick them...I have a system now, but hubby just painted the inside of the big chicken tractors (Stefan!) but is only doing one for now, will paint the outside of the other three now we've had lunch.  I had my two sumatras #5 and #6 come and sunbathe and sleep right beside me while picking the flowers.  They are loving this heat!  :)

Breakfast was porridge with our own strawberries (they look big and perfect but lack of heat this summer means they are sour, but OK with syrup in the porridge!), :eat: Lunch was home made (in the breadmaker) wholewheat bread toasted with some of my raspberry jelly I made on Monday before I went away to work.  It was perfect consistancy, it was still warm and runny when I left so wasn't sure it turned out, but it did.

We are just enjoying being home and staying away form the nearest towns that are LOADED with tourists and cottagers.   We started making some strawberry wine last night!  I bought 20 pounds of strawberries on my way home, then a ton of enormous healthy fruit laden tomato bushes I will be planting in a minute!

Oh and I forgot, best of all, hubby got a new tent yesterday after out old one died, a year ago, and will be setting it up this afternoon so we can camp at home on our 100 acres! just like kids!  Hope everyone is having a happy holiday! 

The 4th of July is coming up quick too!

#3 2011-07-01 21:52:00

poplar girl
Administrator

Susan I hope Tempest is okay! And I hope the vet bill is not too hefty :sick:

SLF camping in the back yard, really? I have long ago given up tenting if there is a soft dry bed within driving distance...

My DH is at a car show with his rat rod...a partially done 1941 Fargo truck chopped and hot rodded. I am at home enjoying myself immensely cleaning coops and taking pictures of my chooks. Tomorrow I think I will start on the finishing of the lime coat on my straw bale coop.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#4 2011-07-02 02:25:44

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Just had  a "Freezer Boy" Galloway steak dinner....now off to the tent!!  :hi:   Feel like I'm camping but have all the luxuries of home  :thumbsup:

Adverts

Board footer