Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-11-10 17:01:04

Island Girl

Oxy Tetra-A

Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride 55mg/g

This is what I added to the water of my EOs when I moved them into their main coop yesterday. The package says:

Indications: is an animal and poultry formula which may be used to 1) Give newborn animals and birds a healthy start
                                                                                                  2) Prevent setbacks from stress
                                                                                                  3) Prevent or treat specific diseases
                                                                                                  4) Improve weight gain

You can give it as a drench, in water or in food. You can give a half dose for stressful conditions such as moving birds, giving vaccinations or in extreme temperature changes and it can even be given to bees. There is a 60 hr withdrawal for eggs.

Seemed like the thing to do, I did give them a whole dose yesterday but I think I will give them a half dose as a preventative for the next 5 days.

XOX Monika

2011-11-10 17:01:04

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-11-10 18:26:24

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Re: Oxy Tetra-A

Sounds good.  Hope they are just fine.  They are pretty hardy an vigorous, not as worrisome as some breeds.  Thanks for posting that. :thumbs:

Adverts

Board footer