Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-11-07 21:05:41

ScottMcCray

No flock as yet...

...but it's on the agenda. Maggiesdad is my wee little brudder :P and he told me what a nice bunch of folks hang out here - so I thought I'd tag along.

I currently live in Charlotte, NC, work in Western NC and am planning to return home soon to Central VA to build a home. Part of those plans have long involved raising chickens - Glen just made it easier by picking my first breed for me! :thumbs:

Ennyhoo, I realize that chickens are indeed the "gateway drug" of farm critters...so slippery slope here I come! :Crazy: Look forward to meeting all of you online soon...

Pic test - making sure I have the forum code down pat:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-XluGrJBwVCE/S9XcoM1TRAI/AAAAAAAAACc/WcSKnB71U3o/s720/butterflycrop3.JPG

By Jove, I think he's got it! :thumbsup:

Side note to Glen: Stick wit' me little bro - I'll get ya up to speed!

2011-11-07 21:05:41

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-11-07 21:58:39

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

Re: No flock as yet...

:welcome:

Mainly raising Norwegian  Jaerhorn’s, Partridge  Chantecler’s, White Chantecler’s,  Euskal Oiloas, Ameraucana’s, Wheaten Maran’s, Barred Rock Cochin’s, White Silkie’s , Saxony Ducks, Rouen Clair ducks, Australian Spotted Ducks Lavender Guinea Fowl, Welsh Mountain Sheep, Cashmere Goats and Texas Longhorn Cattle.

#3 2011-11-07 23:41:41

Susan
Administrator

Welcome Scott! Nice to have you :). I love that you have picked out which chickens you want before you've even built your house lol! You will fit in here very well (Maybe the coop will come first).

#4 2011-11-07 23:48:58

Maggiesdad

:doI?: I'm the one on the left, he's the red colored one...

:welcome: Old man! Now if I can get Skyline to send me 25 more, I'll get started on your breakfast team. :hi:
:cheer: :EO: :cheer:

#5 2011-11-08 00:00:27

Amblecroft
Website

Susan Buttivant at Amblecroft,
Chaparral Pyrenean Shepherds and Petits Bassets
http://www3.sympatico.ca/chaparral/amblecroft.html

#6 2011-11-08 00:06:12

gubi
Website

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#7 2011-11-08 00:42:55

Lisa

Scott,

:welcome: to the forum!

I think you are very lucky to hear about eo's so early in your poultry career! You'll know more about them before you even get any than many long-time chicken breeders will ever know.... which is too bad, because (please imagine chorus of voices here) - :EO:

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

#8 2011-11-08 00:46:04

Flat Rock Farm

Oops Scott I just welcomed you on another post.... well I will do it here as well :welcome:  Your brother's EO eggs will be hatching soon, then you can what all the fuss is about :EO:

Paula

#9 2011-11-08 01:06:45

ScottMcCray

Thanks for the welcomes, y'all - this place is :happycrowd"

#10 2011-11-08 02:03:04

Island Girl

:welcome: from the Island Scott, you will love it here! Very helpful bunch of great people!

XOX Monika

#11 2011-11-08 02:29:20

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Hi Scott :welcome: to the chicken addiction!  :thumbs:  You are in good hands here and very welcome to our crazy little site!  How exciting you'll be moving back home!  It's nice to be close to family.  I love that picture it's amazing.  Is that apple blossom?

#12 2011-11-08 02:42:48

poplar girl
Administrator

:welcome: Scott! And Go Breakfast Team. It makes sense to me you should build the chicken coop first, practice up for the house building =D

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#13 2011-11-08 04:24:26

ScottMcCray

Claire -

Thank you!
Those are cherry blossoms - I followed that little fellow around for quite some time before he finally got used to me and didn't immediately flit away. That's one of those "even a blind hog will find an acorn occasionally" photos - persistence, dumb luck and judicious cropping!

Michelle -
I'm looking forward to meeting the Breakfast Team's relatives over the Thanksgiving visit home.
Now I must confess - though I plan to do much of the construction of outbuildings, coops, pens and the like, I plan to "cheat" and have a builder complete the majority of our house for us. I'd really like to move in before we are a quarter of the way through this century! =D

Oh - the cherries from those trees are simply divine, you just have to get 'em before the wild birds do! :banginghead:

#14 2011-11-08 04:31:29

Skylinepoultry
Website

:welcome: Scott.

Great group here. And chickens are the gateway drug, for sure! Good luck on the house build.
Oh yea, love tthe pic! Did u say you cropped it?

#15 2011-11-08 04:35:18

Skylinepoultry
Website

I know this is way off topic but any gammers here? Cause I'm at Game Stop for the midnight release of MW3 and its insane! People are lind up around the the other side of the parking lot. Gonna be a long night.

#16 2011-11-08 04:49:08

ScottMcCray

Thank you, James!

Yep it was a bit of a crop to get good composition, but I was really fortunate to get great detail in the original shot so it allowed me some leeway. Haven't been a gamer for years except for a couple on FB - the last time I really played console games was back in the Zelda 8-bit days! Boy, did I just date myself -lol.

#17 2011-11-08 05:22:02

Skylinepoultry
Website

ScottMcCray wrote:

Thank you, James!

Yep it was a bit of a crop to get good composition, but I was really fortunate to get great detail in the original shot so it allowed me some leeway. Haven't been a gamer for years except for a couple on FB - the last time I really played console games was back in the Zelda 8-bit days! Boy, did I just date myself -lol.

The pic is fabulous.  My sons got me hooked on war games. And now I'm a 40 year old gaming junkie. So sad,lol. But a great stress reliever. =D

#18 2011-11-08 21:58:57

Maggiesdad

My son got me hooked on GoW2...  We went to the midnight release of the preorders of Gow3 - it was the same thing  - packed!

I was the oldest dude there. Some of the moms that had brought there kids were complaining to me about being up that late for a dumb game.  I wanted to say "Look, ladies, I love this game as much as they do!" but I kept my mouth shut.

Sometimes it's better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. :oops:

#19 2011-11-09 00:56:36

Skylinepoultry
Website

Maggiesdad wrote:

My son got me hooked on GoW2...  We went to the midnight release of the preorders of Gow3 - it was the same thing  - packed!

I was the oldest dude there. Some of the moms that had brought there kids were complaining to me about being up that late for a dumb game.  I wanted to say "Look, ladies, I love this game as much as they do!" but I kept my mouth shut.

Sometimes it's better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. :oops:

To each their own I always say. I know what my kids like and if they want it and its in my power I make their wishes come true. Sounds like spoiling them but it spoils me as well =D we all win,lol.
I'm just a big ole kid too!

#20 2011-11-09 01:47:20

Maggiesdad

I'm a firm believer in keeping tabs on what my kids are into, plus he was perfectly happy to play w me since teh internets here won't sustain online gaming.

Luv how we get off topic here and nobody gets bent out of shape.

And if it bothers Scott, so what?!  :hi:  :thumbsup:

#21 2011-11-09 01:54:41

Susan
Administrator

Lol, nice to hear some boy chatter! :). My husband is also into the gaming thing.  Its like another language my husband and son speak when talking Pokemon, then there's the fact my husband actually thinks he's a race driver after playing his game!

#22 2011-11-09 02:04:17

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Last game I played a lot was Supermario World, but where I am from in England is a seaside town with arcades so in the 80s it was 8-player final lap (where I learned to drive =D !!), galaga, pacman asteroids and a great clay pigeon game!  We had a Spectrum 48k in 1983-4 with dead mans fingers:keys!  Around the time of the Commodore 64.

I think selling on ebay, chicken forums and now writing online are my interactive fixes now.  :thumbs:

I love your Southern sayings Scott!  Looking forward to more and pics!!

#23 2011-11-09 09:06:50

Skylinepoultry
Website

skeffling lavender farm wrote:

Last game I played a lot was Supermario World, but where I am from in England is a seaside town with arcades so in the 80s it was 8-player final lap (where I learned to drive =D !!), galaga, pacman asteroids and a great clay pigeon game!  We had a Spectrum 48k in 1983-4 with dead mans fingers:keys!  Around the time of the Commodore 64.

I think selling on ebay, chicken forums and now writing online are my interactive fixes now.  :thumbs:

I love your Southern sayings Scott!  Looking forward to more and pics!!

Hey! I remember the Commodore 64. Donkey Kong was the game then. Boy we did get off subject,lol.
Susan, I do the same thing if I hop in the car once I quit playing a car game. That's funny.

#24 2011-11-09 09:08:29

Skylinepoultry
Website

Were up to 57 people now guys! Gonna be booming before long.

#25 2011-11-10 00:35:43

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Yeah, we played Sabre Wulf, Aticatac Jetpac and Froggy :whistle: 

Yes we are getting up there in numbers.  Iam happy with what a great group we have here!  Guess these EOs attract the right kind of people!! ;)

Adverts

Board footer