Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-07-01 02:32:35

gubi
Website

Spanish slowfood site with pictures

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

2011-07-01 02:32:35

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-07-01 03:25:40

Skylinepoultry
Website

Re: Spanish slowfood site with pictures

This is what we need. Any links to sites , threads, and clubs.
:welcome: gubi

#3 2011-07-01 04:34:56

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks for posting that Stefan!  What a sweet website and the chicks are called txitos  And Production birds eh?  Very interesting. 

Do you guys have the google toolbar? 
If you have it installed, when you go to the site, at the top you can click on translate and it translates the whole page right there, not perfect but it certainly helps.   :thumbs:

#4 2011-07-01 18:27:10

lys
Website

Txitak or txitas are chicks in basque. Pollitos o pollitas in spanish.
My grandma bred Euskal Oiloa Gorria but I don't own anything of her breeding lines. :(

Last edited by lys (2011-07-01 18:27:31)

#5 2011-07-01 18:48:56

gubi
Website

Isn't that how it works we try to get into something that our grandparents had some of the best of but the genetics have been lost over time. 
I use google tool bar a lot.  Be it spellcheck or translator. I do have some problems with it recently where it just disappears on me and I have to click on it and hit restore defaults and then it comes back.  I wonder if Mcafee has a problem with it.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#6 2011-07-01 19:19:08

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

lys wrote:

Txitak or txitas are chicks in basque. Pollitos o pollitas in spanish.
My grandma bred Euskal Oiloa Gorria but I don't own anything of her breeding lines. :(

I think the txitas is a cute word.  Those chicks in the picture in the link are so cheeky-looking, like they always are.  :chook: 

Shame you don't have your Grandmothers birds lines, how old would you say the breed or race is?  Have they been around a long time when your grandmother had them and how common were they and are they now?  Sorry for all the questions but we are learning so much more than we knew a few days ago!  =D

Adverts

Board footer