Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-10-25 06:47:03

Skylinepoultry
Website

Euskal Oiloa INVASION in North America

Id like to start off thanking Claire with everything that she has done. The forum,information, dedication to getting the word out about EO's.  And also to everyone of the people who have made this forum feel like family. And let's not forget the great work from our moderators keeping our forum clean from riff raff. This is a wonderful feeling knowing that we all have put forth the time and effort to let others know about and enjoy our wonderful EO's. This is only the beginning of what is yet to come.
Welcome to all the new members to the Euskal Oiloa Family. May we all stick together through this journey.

:EO:

2011-10-25 06:47:03

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-10-25 12:55:28

Susan
Administrator

Re: Euskal Oiloa INVASION in North America

:goodthread: Skyline and hats off to you too. :). This is a pretty awesome group of people with a pretty awesome group of birds!

#3 2011-10-25 13:11:00

poplar girl
Administrator

And it's only just begun....the next 12 months should be a very interesting time for the EOs of North America (and their owners!).  I think our forum will continue to grow along with the population of EOs as we all learn together about this wonderful breed!

Pictures Skyline...I wanna see pics of your breeding birds when you have a chance! :happycrowd"

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#4 2011-10-26 00:03:05

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:jumping:  Absolutely! :happycrowd"  I am so excited.  It was nothing.... just a total pleasure!  I love these birds!  I am just so glad to have the help and enthusiasm I do on the forum, Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Did our California Dreamer tell you the first batch of EOs are emerging Skyline! :EO: Strong little buggers :cheer:

#5 2011-10-26 00:35:42

Skylinepoultry
Website

skeffling lavender farm wrote:

:jumping:  Absolutely! :happycrowd"  I am so excited.  It was nothing.... just a total pleasure!  I love these birds!  I am just so glad to have the help and enthusiasm I do on the forum, Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Did our California Dreamer tell you the first batch of EOs are emerging Skyline! :EO: Strong little buggers :cheer:

NO, he didn't tell me! I hope he post some pics. When did they start hatching? He has the second hatch of EO's in the States now. Wow, so exciting guys.

#6 2011-10-26 01:37:02

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

He said he was going to email you...yesterday at least, they weren't all out but the numbers looked extremely promising.

#7 2011-10-26 01:41:11

Skylinepoultry
Website

He said he was going to email you...yesterday at least, they weren't all out but the numbers looked extremely promising.

I'm really curious on the number of chicks that's gonna hatch. Ill wait in anticipation for an email from him.

#8 2011-10-26 14:23:03

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I am waiting to hear back.... :thumbs:

#9 2011-10-26 14:28:23

Skylinepoultry
Website

Okie dokie,. Been checkn mail regularly to see if he has wrote.

#10 2011-10-26 17:20:20

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Do you feel like an expectant father James?

#11 2011-10-26 17:29:32

Skylinepoultry
Website

Do you feel like an expectant father James?

Yes! Lol. It seems that way doesn't it.

#12 2011-10-26 23:24:19

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I heard 15.... :chook:

#13 2011-10-27 00:03:36

Skylinepoultry
Website

I heard 15.... :chook:

:
Yes! 15! Only one clear out of 21.
:happycrowd"

#14 2011-10-27 00:08:26

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:jumping:  I am just doing a blog post on the www.euskaloiloas.com site :thumbs:

#15 2011-10-27 00:11:29

Skylinepoultry
Website

:jumping:  I am just doing a blog post on the www.euskaloiloas.com site :thumbs:

Lol, I was just reading your blog. How funny is that.

#16 2011-10-27 01:48:04

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I put a link in there for you!  Someone just commented on my Squidoo article too so I referred them as well! 

15 out of 21 is awesome for shipping across the country!  Great shipping and packaging :thumbs:  All things being equal though, the little buggers usually find a way to hatch.

#17 2011-10-27 23:25:37

Flat Rock Farm

Yes an absolute hats off to Claire for starting this site and for everyone else that is making this site great. :jumping:  It would be so nice to get some kind of conference someplace that would be sort of central for all that we could get together.  Get a chance to meet each other personally, as I have met the best people.  Chicken folks that I have met via other forums have been great and have hopefully made some long term friends.  I know it's hard to get away when you have chickens but may be something to think about down the road......:thumbsup:

#18 2011-10-28 01:10:13

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks :thumbs: I am so glad everyone is here and enjoying these little buggers :EO:

Sounds like a great idea Paula, it should be somewhere warm! :happycrowd"

#19 2011-10-28 06:59:58

Skylinepoultry
Website

Flat Rock Farm wrote:

Yes an absolute hats off to Claire for starting this site and for everyone else that is making this site great. :jumping:  It would be so nice to get some kind of conference someplace that would be sort of central for all that we could get together.  Get a chance to meet each other personally, as I have met the best people.  Chicken folks that I have met via other forums have been great and have hopefully made some long term friends.  I know it's hard to get away when you have chickens but may be something to think about down the road......:thumbsup:

Sounds like an excelent idea but I can't even leave my house a half a day. I've had to pass up all kinds of exotic vactions this year. My wife is a Nurse Anesthetist and we get 7 paid trips a year and I cant even go to one :-( .. The next one coming up in November is in the Caribbean. Id love a break for about a week on the beach in November.. Ahhhh maybe soon

#20 2011-10-28 13:01:44

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I know what you mean skyline, we are actually good overnight this year.  But we can't both be away at the same time (I work away from home) so whenever hubby has to go for training or  meetings and is going to be a way, he has to check and see if I am home!  I love being home, and love having my birds as an excuse, except the odd time when I think, yeah a Caribbean island would be nice!  Maybe you'll get to go some time soon!

#21 2011-10-29 05:44:24

Skylinepoultry
Website

Id have too pay someone handsomely to take care of my birds if I was gone a week. I think they'd have a nervous breakdown by day 3,lol.

#22 2011-10-29 13:16:29

poplar girl
Administrator

We are very fortunate to have some good neighbours. The chickens they seem to do quite well with but I leave very detailed instructions =D when we were in Germany though the dogs found a porcupine and both of them got full of quills the day after we left. I think the neighbours regretted having to deal with that!! I felt horrible that it happened. I just hope they recover before March as that's our next planned vacation :whistle:

It would be very neat to set up a meeting. Maybe we should be planning an event like that for a few years into the future. Maybe at an APA show if we decide to try to have this breed recognized :)

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#23 2011-10-30 06:50:50

Skylinepoultry
Website

I agree. In time we'll all have to meet. Been wanting to go to Canada some time now. My best friend loves it up there. Says he wants to move one day.

Adverts

Board footer