Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-10-24 00:36:18

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Do any of your EO boys sound like.....

Seagulls?  One of my blue legged grey boys (not a keeper) has started to make a sound like a little seagull.  I am going to have to film him!  Bet I could put a You tube video up if I can get organized tomorrow!  He started 2 or 3 days ago,  I heard one or two of the others do it once or twice but I am pretty sure I haven't heard it before.

I think it is like a little exploring-greeting type noise.  It is intermittent and quite shrill.  I find female chooks more chatty generally, and you hear from the boys more when and event happens or they crow.  Younger roos are more chatty.  We were in the veggie garden the other side of the drive shed this evening and I could hear the little bugger! :whistle:

2011-10-24 00:36:18

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-10-24 01:08:08

Susan
Administrator

Re: Do any of your EO boys sound like.....

Lol, nope haven't heard that one! My boys are pretty chatty, though, not just the cock a doodle, but they speak to me like they do the hens! :lol:

#3 2011-10-24 01:52:13

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Do any of your EO boys sound like.....

I definitely need to hear this! I don't think mine make any novel sounds. Wellie was dancing for me today but I don't believe I heard him singing :whistle:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer