Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-10-13 06:06:17

Skylinepoultry
Website

The gurlz were not happy today!

So I rounded up a third batch of gurlz to go into their breeding pens today and they were not happy. I swear I think they were pouting. One wouldnt even look at me. She had her face pointed in the other direction the whole time I stood at the pen,lol. I guess I would be mad too if I was taken from the field and woods and locked up. I dread putting the others up. Gonna get more cold shoulders. These birds are a trip. I love em.

2011-10-13 06:06:17

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-10-13 11:23:34

Flat Rock Farm

Re: The gurlz were not happy today!

Oh sounds like you are getting the cold shoulder treatment for sure.  For the EO's not to look at you is so unlike them, sounds like they are good and mad at you, but they will get over it.  As a chicken breed I find them quite smart or maybe is more curiosity, lets hope they will be happier with you tomorrow :thumbsup:

#3 2011-10-13 14:41:58

Susan
Administrator

Isn't that the truth! I put mine in a big pen with a secure coop after that predator took one and they do not appreciate it. Plus they have to suffer the indignity of actually waiting until I let them out in the morning. I'm not so popular right now either! :)

#4 2011-10-13 20:25:46

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

What naughty petulant girls! I feel guilty locking mine up for breeding too, seems such a shame, as they are the ones that forage all day long and roam when my other "free-rangers" stay in the coop!  My sumatras can get very sulky when don't get something they like to go in the barn and lay secret eggs in the granary, and stubborn...the EOs are better natured but still smart, they will know it was you who shut them up!  It's all for the good of the breed, and I am sure they will adapt, then you will have them all pecking your shoes and tripping you up when you go in there. :chook:

#5 2011-10-14 16:18:53

texastinsel

awwww....reminds me of my fourteen year old when I tell him to go to sleep =D

Adverts

Board footer