Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-09-29 12:26:35

Lisa

EO inspection after F&F

Hello All!

My rooster boys are starting to put on their pretty clothes (their manners still need a little work), and my girls are practicing being charming - all for the visit from the EO fans! :chook:

Just a re-offer for a visit after the F&F breakfast on Oct 2 - I'm 7 minutes away from breakfast, and would love to have a visit afterwards (even if it's short!) to inspect my boys and girls and help to make some decisions.

As an added bonus, my chicks will be 4 weeks by then (and are starting to show their genders as I type), and I will be picking up some lavender d'uccles at the F&F from Don, so there will be little purple chickens to look at as well!

Hope to see all the locals there, and will take pics so those that are further away (in geography, not spirit!) can weigh in with opinions as well. =D

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

2011-09-29 12:26:35

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-09-29 14:14:12

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Re: EO inspection after F&F

Sounds great Lisa!  I haven't gotten around to advertising any birds, not sure if we'll set up of not, looks I have about 9 chanteclers to go, mostly females.

I just leg banded my keepers this morning, (so far 3 of Jims sons and 2 daughters and I may keep one more pullet  I have a ton of nice gold not very mottled pullets with willow legs too, and a grey pullet), blondies babies, the roolet is nice despite white legs, but the pullet small and greyish, will keep them both for now as Blondie is the only female in that line otherwise.  Anyway now I smell like chicken poo!   It is fun choosing the keepers.

#3 2011-09-30 11:46:35

poplar girl
Administrator

Are the lavender d'uccles from Don closely related to Claires? Always on the look out for new tiny purple chicken bloodlines =D I do think I have lined some up for spring though :thumbsup:

I hope you guys have a wonderful time at the F&F and a great get together too! These are the times I wish our country were not so big! Luckily eggs travel amazingly well!!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#4 2011-09-30 12:55:21

Susan
Administrator

Looking forward to the pics! Have fun guys :hi:

#5 2011-09-30 14:00:29

Flat Rock Farm

poplar girl wrote:

Are the lavender d'uccles from Don closely related to Claires? Always on the look out for new tiny purple chicken bloodlines =D I do think I have lined some up for spring though :thumbsup:

I hope you guys have a wonderful time at the F&F and a great get together too! These are the times I wish our country were not so big! Luckily eggs travel amazingly well!!

PG if you are referring to Don that just joined ACE, yes his lavender d'uccles are from Claire, and I believe Claire's were from Performance Poultry.  I know I feel the same when I see birds or things going on out west and wished I was closer.  I'm all for road trips.....but I have my mile limit! LOL  Yes, thank goodness eggs travel well just got some in yesterday from BC :thumbsup:
The F&F is a great event, I never buy unless it's from someone I know we go more for the social outing and........ breakfast :eat:

Last edited by Flat Rock Farm (2011-09-30 14:00:55)

#6 2011-10-01 19:37:49

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:sad: I am not coming to the festivities.  I have cold or flu, and done something to by bl**dy back again.  We just got back from overnight at a cottage my brother in Law was renting this week near Grand Bend.  I went against my better judgement and now feel worse than before I went and I that wasn't great.  Looks like Nathan has got it now as he has just gone to bed feeling like crap, I'll be joining him in a minute.  I think it'll be too much for us. 

Standing outside in the cold will kill my back as it is uberstiff and painful now (after closing a hatchback door yesterday) and I think we'd will go though a box of kleenex out there too!  He has to drive down to Toronto tomorrow night for training all week so I think we'll just stay put. 

I insist on photos :applause: and I would so love to see those little purplings too.  Yes they will be related to mine.  Don got most of mine last year and tons off eggs this spring.  Maybe I'll have to drop in another time Lisa, when I am not plaguey!  Have fun everyone, wish I could come.  Maybe there'll be another breccy before the snow flies!

#7 2011-10-02 00:07:42

Flat Rock Farm

Ah Claire, am sorry to hear you and Nathan won't be coming :( but I know what it's like to not feel well and then to stand out in the cold, not a good mix.  Yes we will have to get together before the snow flies for a breakfast and gross conversation LOL :lol: :sick:

Last edited by Flat Rock Farm (2011-10-02 00:08:07)

#8 2011-10-02 00:41:04

Susan
Administrator

Sorry you are feeling rotten Claire, take care of yourself- maybe a hot toddy or two ;). I know I've had a wicked chest cold for the last 3 weeks- cough so hard at night I can't breathe.

#9 2011-10-02 13:19:05

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks everyone! It's a gorgeous sunny morning...not a typical F&F day!  It's usually overcast with threat or actual rain!  Have fun everyone!

#10 2011-10-02 16:53:06

gubi
Website

Claire you must be behind glass!  It was very cold and windy outside, but it didn't start drizzling until the end.  We came home with a new grey call drake and a hamster!  Sorry we didn't make it out to your place Lisa, my family was cold and ready to go home.  Looking forwards for the pictures of the EO's.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#11 2011-10-03 00:26:13

Flat Rock Farm

Well we left around 9:15 and it was still sunny at that point but cold and windy.  I felt bad for the little bantams they were so cold and shivering.   Well I came home with two nice new nest boxed thanks to "Snyder" and two lovely SLW pullets from "Ruff" those of you on the "other" site will know who they are.  The few of us that got together for breakfast had a good time and there was enough syrup for Ruff's pancakes, he went through two jugs!!!!  Sorry I couldn't make it back to your place Lisa afterwards as had a prior commitment in the afternoon but was good to see you at breakfast.  Hope Lynn was able to help pick out your best boys for you. :thumbs:
Paula

Last edited by Flat Rock Farm (2011-10-03 22:13:39)

#12 2011-10-03 04:30:41

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I was behind glass Stefan.  It looked nice then it did the F&F high thick cloud thing and was windy.  It looked cold.  I missed the pancakes too! Was the restaurant good?  Bet the company was anyway!

#13 2011-10-03 14:44:10

Lindy Lou

You were sorely missed Calire. It doesn't seem right to sit down for brekkies and chicken chat without you!! Restaurant was big enough to hold us especially when our numbers are up there( unfortunately not too many this time) they didn't kick us out and they had pancakes. So all in all not a bad place to meet.
Enjoyed going to Lisa and Doug's after to rate Roosters. Not that I'm an authority by any means but I gave it my best shot. I told Lisa that I would attempt to rehome as many of the boys as possible as the gene pool is so small. It may be possible to right some of the colour variations by carefully matching light hens to dark roosters or visa versa as long as they both had yellow legs and no side sprigs. Temperment has always been an important consideration in my mind.
I wish Lisa the best of luck with her new babies, she has a little "Caramel" coloured one that is so pretty.
LL

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#14 2011-10-04 02:58:07

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks Lynn, I knew I was missing out. :sad:  I would love to have cuddled those little roos at Lisas too!  I bet the tiny purples were cute too.  I have two pullets for you if you want them, a tawny, deer-coloured one and a really black mottled one.  I'll post some updated pics in a minute in my chick EO thread.

#15 2011-10-04 17:02:00

Lindy Lou

Hi Claire,

I would love to have the two little ladfies. They are such nice birds How could I resist :love: Let me know when you'll be ready to part with them and we'll make shipping arrangements. Hope you & Nathan are feeling better

Lynn

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#16 2011-10-05 00:44:40

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks Lynn.  We are on the mend, but the cold wind just seems to knock the stuffing out of us.  We'll figure something out, there's the 2 Lavender girls too!

Will post the other pics I took today on the chick thread

Adverts

Board footer