Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2014-08-28 15:21:51

Lisa

Colwyn Show is September 27th

H'Lo Everybody! :hi:

The Colwyn Showcase is on Saturday, September 27th this year. It is located just outside Fergus, Ontario. A few people showed EOs last year, and we have been given permission to show them again this year. Entries are due soon, so please get 'em in! EOs get listed under the Mediteranean class - I think the category is something like 65b - Basque.

When I talked the organizers into letting us show last year, I promised we'd always have a few breeders bringing birds. I don't have a lot this year - most of my older birds are in moult, and my youngsters are pretty young. I'm planning on a cock and a few pullets - but they are all gorrias. We get a lot more interest when people bring Marradunas.

If anybody would like to show but hasn't done it before and is nervous about it, I'd be happy to help you through it. =D It's a beautiful show in a lovely location, and there are always some truly champion quality birds there. As well as an auction.... 

And one of the judges is Elton Minnich, the same fella that was so helpful last year. I'd love to show him some progress!

So who's up for a show?? Let's show everybody that:

:EO:

Last edited by Lisa (2014-08-28 15:22:10)

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

2014-08-28 15:21:51

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-08-29 01:19:17

Lisa

Re: Colwyn Show is September 27th

=D

PS - I spoke with the organizer today - entries must be received by Paul Homer no later than Sept 13th.

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

#3 2014-08-29 11:40:26

Flat Rock Farm

Hey haven't seem gmb on here in awhile.  She had some nice looking Marraduna EO's, maybe send her a message ;)

Last edited by Flat Rock Farm (2014-08-29 11:41:03)

#4 2014-08-29 13:54:28

Flat Rock Farm

Hey Lisa I hope you don't mind but I am going to post a link to their website which has a printable version of the entry forms :thumbs:

http://www.colwynshowcase.com/2014/Welcome.html

#5 2014-08-29 16:31:06

Lisa

Thanks Paula! ;)

#6 2014-09-09 20:14:07

Lisa

Bumpety bump!

Entries must be received by this Saturday. Hope to see you all there! =D

#7 2014-09-11 13:21:12

poplar girl
Administrator

Hopefully our Ontario EO owners will be taking advantage of this opportunity, it's great to see a show that has created a class just for the Basques! I know if I were closer I would definitely attend. Feedback from a judge on your birds can be very helpful and I always learn something. Plus it's a great opportunity for feed back on our draft SOP :thumbs:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer