Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2014-05-27 16:09:26

Island Girl

Flying with Eggs?

Has anyone done this from province to Province? Wondering if worked and if its allowed etc between provinces. Maybe as a carry on?

XOX Monika

2014-05-27 16:09:26

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-05-27 16:47:14

Island Girl

Re: Flying with Eggs?

ok so I thought I would call Westjet and see what they had to say.They gave me a  phone number to Canadian Security something-in-rather. ... I could put the eggs into my checked in luggage and there are no restrictions but it may go through an xray where upon at their discretion and maybe with or without my approval they can open and unwrap anything they deem necessary.My luggage (eggs) can be individually unwrapped  and checked. I get all this and do approve for security of course but sheesh I can picture it now.... ORRRR..... I can take 100 mls of liquid and put it into a 6"x9" or 8"x7" plastic bag. I would have to determine how much the shell weighs and subtract that from the total egg weight and then not go over 100mls. (how many eggs is That :Crazy:) oh and not have any  another liquids as it  is 100mls of total  liquid per person. All my other  liquids would have to go through checked in luggage  I guess. ... I can live with that!! Ok off to measure and weigh an egg vs an egg with a shell   :do?:

XOX  Monika

#3 2014-05-27 19:37:48

Flat Rock Farm

Ask la-chicken she has done this a couple of times with eggs from Ontario.

#4 2014-05-28 01:26:20

poplar girl
Administrator

I think that would be about 1 dozen eggs per person as carryon Monika. There is a post on ACE that Sue made on flying with eggs.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#5 2014-05-28 01:33:11

la-chicken

Island Girl.
Where are you flying out of? and with who?
What I have done - with West Jet out of London.
Pack you eggs in a hard sided cooler.  Wrap eggs like you would do if you were mailing them. Old socks work great as well. Do not seal the cooler. 
You are going to take the cooler with you and check in your baggage and send the eggs to FRAGILE or where the pets go.  If you are over your baggage allowment they will charge you $20.00ish for the fragile shipment.
Anyways, with baggage gone and cooler in hand that is marked FRAGILE.  go to the other area - pets, strollers......
They will xray or if you can sweet talk them not too (I doubt it)  Take your duct tape from your purse when they are done and seal the cooler with the person looking at you
They will hand carry the cooler on and off the plane.  No need to worry about the cooler crashing about as if it is in your luggage.

I had talked to security personally, eye to eye 2 days before my flight.  They said there was no way to take it thru secuirty as carry on at London Airport.
When you land go to the fragile pick up...usually close by the luggage area.

Hope this helps.

I am very new to this breed.  Bring on the learning!!!

#6 2014-05-29 14:13:25

Island Girl

Thanks guys, I will definitely check out Susan's post on Ace as well pg. Thank you la-chicken, I really like the idea of wrapping in old socks too. I am determined to pick up eggs somewhere along the way, maybe this is my chance to finally meet Susan  ...  you know she is personally responsible for this EO addiction of mine  :love:

XOX Monika

Last edited by Island Girl (2014-05-29 14:14:17)

Adverts

Board footer