Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2014-05-20 12:37:19

poplar girl
Administrator

EOs for sale Alberta

This Saturday I will have about 20 EO pullets at the Canadian Heritage Breeds spring sale in Red Deer, Alberta. The sale is at the Westerner and runs from 11am to 3pm.

The EO pullets for sale range in age from 6 weeks to 16 weeks and are culls from my breeding program. Most are off the standard for color and/or have side sprigs. But of course they pretty much all have the amazing EO personality and I would love to see them all go to great new homes.

I am considering bringing two gorria basques hens (12 months old) as well but have not decided.

And my short lived test of cream legbars is over so I will have 2, 12 month old cream legbar hens.
Also a few 6 week old Ridley bronze turkey poults.

I have a few adult basque roosters used in this year's breeding program that would be for sale as well (gorria, heterozygous and maradunna) that can be brought to the sale upon request only.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

2014-05-20 12:37:19

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-05-20 20:21:57

la-chicken

Re: EOs for sale Alberta

So PG!  Is there anything I need? or could build on?
Sold out of ALL my Jersey Giants!!!!

I am very new to this breed.  Bring on the learning!!!

#3 2014-05-21 02:00:36

Flat Rock Farm

:funny: That a girl la-chicken, make room for more EO's :jumping:

#4 2014-05-21 02:51:17

poplar girl
Administrator

If any are "maybe" breeding quality but don't fit with my flock I will let you know la-chicken before the sale gets going. Also you can check them out yourself as maybe you'll see something I don't. I think most of these are pet quality but on Friday I will sort through with more attention to detail =D

Also I will have more later in the summer. Some too young to sort through and probably some culls from what I keep back this time. Also eggs from Amblecroft in the incubator and since they are some fresh bloodlines maybe an extra cockerel could go to you. Yep, we'll set you up :whistle:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#5 2014-05-21 03:08:35

la-chicken

:jumping:

#6 2014-05-21 11:05:32

Flat Rock Farm

poplar girl wrote:

If any are "maybe" breeding quality but don't fit with my flock I will let you know la-chicken before the sale gets going. Also you can check them out yourself as maybe you'll see something I don't. I think most of these are pet quality but on Friday I will sort through with more attention to detail =D

Also I will have more later in the summer. Some too young to sort through and probably some culls from what I keep back this time. Also eggs from Amblecroft in the incubator and since they are some fresh bloodlines maybe an extra cockerel could go to you. Yep, we'll set you up :whistle:

LOL now who's the enabler!!  :whistle: =D :happycrowd"

#7 2014-05-21 13:43:17

poplar girl
Administrator

:oops: Enablers R Us?

#8 2014-05-21 15:50:32

Flat Rock Farm

Yep, think we are ALL guilty here of it.  :chairhide: :oops:

#9 2014-05-22 01:56:23

la-chicken

:love:

Flat Rock Farm wrote:

Yep, think we are ALL guilty here of it.  :chairhide: :oops:

#10 2014-05-22 11:24:03

Flat Rock Farm

Hey la-chicken thinking of that how many babies hatched from the last ON visit??? :hatch:

#11 2014-05-25 15:31:59

poplar girl
Administrator

La-chicken is was great to see you yesterday :hi: hope the little ladies you took home are doing alright, I know I'm exhausted so they probably are too! :chook:

#12 2014-05-25 16:17:21

la-chicken

PG- They settled in great.
I did come home to a surprize........my Jersey Giant had hatched out 2 EO or EO X chicks and she is still on 4 more eggs.  She did boot out a hatched chick and egg from under her.  When I saw it I thought it was dead.  No movement.  Ipicked it up and poked abit.  Small amount of movement and very cold.  So I put the wee chick into my*whisper* bra  :chairhide:.  Next to my skin to warm it up.  I was putting PG's girls in the coop and finishing up a few things.

Finally got to the house which still had a small brooder warm and ready.  Placed the chick in and 4 hours later I heard the peeps and it was up on its legs!  :cheer:

Last edited by la-chicken (2014-05-25 16:18:38)

#13 2014-05-26 00:27:57

poplar girl
Administrator

Oh wow, lots of excitement to go home to!  Hope your little ones are doing okay? Poor little baby given the boot!

Adverts

Board footer