Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2014-05-01 13:21:30

gubi
Website

EO, Spitz and porcelain hatching eggs

My incubators are full so I could have some extra hatching eggs by the end of this week for local pick up.  e-mail gubelman at tcc dot on dot ca

I have:

EO's my first two hatches were 5/9 and 6/8 fertile hatched.  fertility is great and they are laying well now. 

Appenzeller Spitzhauben, my first two hatches were 19/19 and 20/24 fertile eggs hatched.  fertility is great. 

Porcelain bantams (adults were hatched out of d'uccle eggs.  They are booted but not bearded)  great fertility but poor hatchability.  1/5 hatched others all fully developed but were positioned wrong in eggs, not sure if that's because of the turner not doing a good job with the smaller eggs or if it is genetics.  I hatched them in the rollex with the grid for large eggs with the Spitz and EO eggs and moved them to the still air hova for hatching.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

2014-05-01 13:21:30

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-05-01 15:42:15

Island Girl

Re: EO, Spitz and porcelain hatching eggs

Yoohoo  Paula   :excited:  are you still able and willing to do a pick up for me?  :excited:

XOX Monika

#3 2014-05-01 20:27:54

Flat Rock Farm

Hey Monika, I sure am :thumbsup:

gubi can you put aside what Monika wants but I won't be able to get them until early next week.  My car is going into the shop tomorrow and won't take DH's gas guzzling truck.

#4 2014-05-02 00:27:59

gubi
Website

can do, thank you Paula

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#5 2014-05-02 01:37:07

poplar girl
Administrator

Lol Paula you enabler you!!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#6 2014-05-02 01:41:39

Flat Rock Farm

Who me!!!!  :whistle: :chairhide: :funny:

#7 2014-05-02 05:01:43

Island Girl

poplar girl wrote:

Lol Paula you enabler you!!

I have a very special place in my heart for each and every enabled Here!  :happycrowd"  I am so excited about this!

XOX  Monika

#8 2014-05-03 06:28:52

debbiej

Monika are you buying some Spitz eggs , :please:

#9 2014-05-03 11:20:17

Flat Rock Farm

No Debbie she is getting the Porcelain Booted Bantams,  If you want some Spitz eggs I can pick them up for you at the same time and ship them to you or put them in with Monika's??

No I am NOT an enabler :whistle:

#10 2014-05-03 14:54:31

poplar girl
Administrator

:thumbsup: :no no:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#11 2014-05-03 16:55:52

gubi
Website

Debbie how many Spitz eggs would you like?

#12 2014-05-04 04:05:11

debbiej

Gubi, I think a dozen is a good place to start   :excited:

#13 2014-05-06 13:21:57

gubi
Website

debbiej I got your e-mail but for some reason I can't reply to it.  I'll send the Spitz eggs along with Paula too then.
IG good news this weekend hatch I had 8 out of 11 porcelains hatch!  These were hatched in a dry, forced air hovabator with an auto turner and moved to the old still air hova to hatch.

#14 2014-05-08 20:32:40

debbiej

Hi Gubi,    I'm sorry about the email bouncing apparently I forgot to change my email address when I changed providers. I have  since done so

:congrats:    on your fabulous Porcelain hatch

#15 2014-05-10 03:05:27

Island Girl

gubi wrote:

debbiej I got your e-mail but for some reason I can't reply to it.  I'll send the Spitz eggs along with Paula too then.
IG good news this weekend hatch I had 8 out of 11 porcelains hatch!  These were hatched in a dry, forced air hovabator with an auto turner and moved to the old still air hova to hatch.

Congrats gubi on your excellent hatch. We will have to post some pictures  here of our clean faced beauties. I wonder if I should try a drier hatch, decisions decisions. ...

:excited: frf  and gubi ,  thanks so much for getting these eggs collected and sent for me, I am soo excited and keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to get a few of these Porcelain to hatch, finicky little sweethearts that they are, I have one lonely little egg (of 16) to go into lockdown  tomorrow. 19 more in the incubator  from the backup roo who is now the main roo.  :nervous: Wish me good fetility (well not me but the girls and boys in their coop,lol) and good hatching vibes!

XOXMonika

Last edited by Island Girl (2014-05-10 04:03:04)

#16 2014-05-10 10:36:51

Flat Rock Farm

Good hatching vibes sent to you IG :hatch:

You are welcome, was happy to help.  Was a good excuse to have a visit with gubi anyway =D

#17 2014-05-13 17:49:08

gubi
Website

Did those eggs arrive yet?  Good luck hatching them.  This weekends hatch produced 12/16 EO's, 15/17 Spitz and 2/4 porcelains.  Spitz eggs are spoken for this week.

#18 2014-05-19 01:57:21

gubi
Website

IG and DebbieJ are the eggs growing?  I have my last batch for the year in lockdown.

#19 2014-05-19 11:38:33

Flat Rock Farm

I am curious as well :thumbsup:

Mine are developing nicely :excited:

Good luck with you last hatch gubi!!  :hatch:

#20 2014-05-23 12:50:53

gubi
Website

Last hatch went OK, the temperature was turned up to 104 for a couple of hours about half way through hatch on the Roll-X and I think because of that I only had 50% hatch rate on the eggs in there.  The porcelains were in the hova and I had 6/8 hatch from them. 
Since my EO's are out on pasture I hadn't hatched a single chick with a club foot.

http://s29.postimg.org/ypppmufpj/cowschicken_195_1024x768.jpg

#21 2014-05-23 14:47:17

poplar girl
Administrator

I have had very healthy EOs, chickens in general, too this year gubi. Mine did not get out to pasture until recently but I think hard culling over the past few years is starting to pay off, perhaps that is helping you out as well?

#22 2014-05-23 18:02:14

Island Girl

Our eggs arrived with not one broken or even cracked, Thank you FRF for the excellent packing job and doing the pick up and sending  for for me. Gubi I just candled the eggs and I can't believe my Eyes!! 16/16 Spitz eggs are fertile and 18/20 Porcelain  eggs are fertile. Who knows the other two Porcelain eggs might even have been fertile, and just not developed to a point. Some eggs have  wonky airsacks from the trip and I believe have stopped developing but I won't be removing them until I am 100% sure :-) I am so excited about this and still can't believe that two people I have never even met went out of their way to do this for me. You guys are truly Awesome!! :happycrowd" I will keep you in the know of what's going on with their development.

XOX  Monika

#23 2014-05-23 18:26:28

Maggiesdad

gubi wrote:

Last hatch went OK, the temperature was turned up to 104 for a couple of hours about half way through hatch on the Roll-X and I think because of that I only had 50% hatch rate on the eggs in there.  The porcelains were in the hova and I had 6/8 hatch from them. 
Since my EO's are out on pasture I hadn't hatched a single chick with a club foot.

http://s29.postimg.org/ypppmufpj/cowsch … 24x768.jpg

I'm lovin' this pic! cant wait til my babies get some size on them... :love:

#24 2014-05-23 22:24:30

Flat Rock Farm

Island Girl wrote:

Our eggs arrived with not one broken or even cracked, Thank you FRF for the excellent packing job and doing the pick up and sending  for for me. Gubi I just candled the eggs and I can't believe my Eyes!! 16/16 Spitz eggs are fertile and 18/20 Porcelain  eggs are fertile. Who knows the other two Porcelain eggs might even have been fertile, and just not developed to a point. Some eggs have  wonky airsacks from the trip and I believe have stopped developing but I won't be removing them until I am 100% sure :-) I am so excited about this and still can't believe that two people I have never even met went out of their way to do this for me. You guys are truly Awesome!! :happycrowd" I will keep you in the know of what's going on with their development.

XOX  Monika

Wow Monika that is truly amazing for shipped eggs :jumping: :jumping:  Fingers crossed they all make it hatch day.

:happycrowd"

#25 2014-05-24 12:28:49

gubi
Website

Flat Rock Farm wrote:

Island Girl wrote:

XOX  Monika

Wow Monika that is truly amazing for shipped eggs :jumping: :jumping:  Fingers crossed they all make it hatch day.

:happycrowd"

That's a great start lets hope most of them hatch too.  :chickout:javascript:insert_text(':chickout:', '');

Adverts

Board footer