Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2014-02-10 18:11:12

Island Girl

Venture One Card with Canada Post

pgs quote Re: (Anonymous Poll for those selling hatching eggs)

The biggest factor for me is the cost of driving to the post office on a Monday morning to mail the eggs. I work Mondays (opposite direction from the post office) so mailing eggs also makes me late for work. Really it isn't economical for me to sell eggs at all unless I were to charge at least $40/dozen and I have trouble (so have not in the past) charging that much. I prefer instead to do a few egg swaps as the eggs I receive in return have much more value to me and I know the person that my EOs eggs are going to will also place appropriate value. I realize though that does not help people new to EOs out so I occasionally make an exception.

I am very fortunate that our post office is only 5 minutes away and that the staff there are so into us sending and receiving eggs. I think that they believe  they are a part of the whole hatching process and really they are!! On this end they handle the eggs with such care and call us asap when eggs arrive here. They told us about the venture one card that we applied for online and it helps us pass on a 5% shipping savings to whoever we are shipping eggs to. I don't  feel that I have to charge for gas as its so close it hardly makes a difference.

http://www.canadapost.ca/web/business/ventureone.page

XOX Monika

Last edited by Island Girl (2014-02-10 18:12:14)

2014-02-10 18:11:12

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-02-11 01:14:39

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Venture One Card with Canada Post

Thanks for the Tip Monika :thumbs:, 5% savings would add up.

Here I am not as fortunate with the care and consideration I can expect from our Postal Workers. The "Alberta Advantage" perhaps as there is no way I would ever get a phone call when a parcel comes in and they treat precious egg cargo with the same indifference as every other package in terms of care in handling. Even if parcel tracking shows a package has arrived, if there is no card in your mail box then there is no hope of being able to collect your parcel....NO RUSHING THE SYSTEM. As I live 70km from the Post office round trip being told to go home and come back tomorrow and maybe the mail will be sorted by then is a bit frustrating.

SORRY for venting! Thinking happy thoughts now :whistle:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2014-02-11 01:43:08

Flat Rock Farm

Re: Venture One Card with Canada Post

I have one Monika and yes it most certainly helps :thumbs:

Adverts

Board footer