Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

• Index
  •  » USA
  •  » Marraduna eta Gorria Oiloak

#1 2013-12-18 18:49:58

aarzuaga

Marraduna eta Gorria Oiloak

Kaixo denori,

Are there any breeders for Gorrial Oiloak in the US?

What are the ages that the breeders for either gorria edo marraduna will send them?

What is a good age to receive them in your tractor if you have never handled chickens before?

What are the things you need for caring for them initially, or to be set up for a few months?

Eskerrik asko!

2013-12-18 18:49:58

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-12-19 02:45:40

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: Marraduna eta Gorria Oiloak

I don't believe there are any gorria Oiloak in the USA, just marraduna I am sorry to say.

And your climate is so different than mine WAY up north in :Canada: that it would be best to let someone closer to you answer.  I always wait to put my birds outside until they are about 8-10 weeks old unless they are chicks raised by a broody hen, then their momma cares for them and I worry much less.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2013-12-19 18:31:31

aarzuaga

Mila esker. That is helpful. Hopefully Maggiesdad has something in the near future that I can buy from him. I would hate to start from the egg now. :layer: I am sure there will be a lot of :stomp: :banginghead: causing me to :Crazy: :duh: :nervous:

I keep digging. I am building my traktor now, a temporary one for now.

#4 2013-12-19 22:49:32

Maggiesdad

Once I start collecting and hatching, I will probably have some pullets (from last April/May) to spare. Right now, I have one hen laying out of 40... and I'm down to 10 - 12 eggs a day out of 40 pullets. So I'm watching closely to see who my good winter layers are, compared to body type and feathering.

Probably by mid February. I'll have chicks ready in May. Plan on coming up the first of May for the big chicken swap - that's always a lot of fun!

#5 2013-12-19 23:56:19

aarzuaga

Oso ondo eta eskerrik asko!! That sounds like a plan. May sounds good o go up there, school is out!! Keep me posted.  :thumbsup: =D

• Index
  •  » USA
  •  » Marraduna eta Gorria Oiloak

Adverts

Board footer