Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#26 2013-11-07 01:40:35

Susan
Administrator

Re: 2013 Euskal oiloa (Basque) Survey

:chairhide: at least it's in lol.

2013-11-07 01:40:35

AdBot
Advertisements

#27 2013-11-09 00:43:12

poplar girl
Administrator

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12962/bump~0.gif

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#28 2013-11-09 02:04:44

Maggiesdad

Now how'd you get in there?!

#29 2013-11-09 03:36:33

poplar girl
Administrator

Lol in my jar MD? Ain't it cute?

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#30 2013-11-13 12:41:43

poplar girl
Administrator

Responses on the survey front have slowed considerably. That said there are a few people who i know are dedicated EO breeders that have not responded so far. I'm hoping by leaving the survey open a little longer some of those members will have the chance to participate. Things have been pretty quiet on our EO forum and I fear even some of our most dedicated EO owners have missed seeing the survey so I am considering resorting to emailing them although I hate to be so pushy :chairhide:

Through this process I have certainly learned a few things and will be making some changes to next year's survey as a result. If you have suggestions for improvement that you have not shared through your comments on the survey please post them or pm or email me.

I am looking forward to summarizing the result and I hope we can pick some questions or groups of questions responses to further talk about on the forum. We will have changes and additions to our draft SOP to decide upon shortly among other things.

#31 2013-11-13 14:13:24

Maggiesdad

Go for it and send the emails! If they get mad and don't take it :gunslinger: < :no no: , it's the same result as if they never saw it and didn't take it.

Besides, EO peeps don't get sideways anyhow! :love: :hi:

#32 2013-11-19 15:06:22

poplar girl
Administrator

Bump for you Monika...survey link in the first post!!

#33 2013-11-19 15:55:17

Island Girl

I have been working on it this morning =D when is the deadline, there are a few things I would like to check to answer more accurately?

XOX Monika

#34 2013-11-19 16:04:43

Island Girl

oh dear many questions .... shall I post them here or contact you directly pg?

XOX Monika

#35 2013-11-19 16:10:33

poplar girl
Administrator

Island Girl wrote:

oh dear many questions .... shall I post them here or contact you directly pg?

XOX Monika

I am okay with either Monika. Chances are if you have questions others might too so feel free to post them here.

And don't panic on having time, there is no set deadline to close the survey as the first priority is to get as many responses as possible.

#36 2013-11-19 16:35:24

Island Girl

:happycrowd"

Part A questions (so far :P)

#1) re: question 3 I have never been very accurate at figuring out the colors, is a guess sufficient or do you want me to post pictures of the unsure ones and thereby possibly able to give a better answer?

#2) re: question 7 do you want an educated guess, in the summer I get eggs from each girl almost daily but now that the weather has changed I often get only one egg per girl every 3ish days, I could take the time to add it all up but then again .......

#3) re: question 9 I know my live roo weights at 20ish weeks as the roos started crowing/getting butchered, the weights hovered at 3 kgs live weight, this was important to me but doesn't actually answer the question as it is written.

XOX Monika

#37 2013-11-19 17:06:43

poplar girl
Administrator

Island Girl wrote:

:happycrowd"

Part A questions (so far :P)

#1) re: question 3 I have never been very accurate at figuring out the colors, is a guess sufficient or do you want me to post pictures of the unsure ones and thereby possibly able to give a better answer?

Well everyone else has guessed. But there is lots of value in you posting pictures and generating some discussion Monika so if you're willing to post some pics that would be wonderful. :thumbsup:

#2) re: question 7 do you want an educated guess, in the summer I get eggs from each girl almost daily but now that the weather has changed I often get only one egg per girl every 3ish days, I could take the time to add it all up but then again .......

Keep in mind the timeline for monitoring is "the first year of production" so older girls get a free pass. To me how many years my EOs remain productive is just as important as how many eggs they lay in the first year so I see this question as a bit flawed. I would suggest answering this question with an educated estimate.

#3) re: question 9 I know my live roo weights at 20ish weeks as the roos started crowing/getting butchered, the weights hovered at 3 kgs live weight, this was important to me but doesn't actually answer the question as it is written.

You could include this info in comments at the end as its valuable info. I think you are not alone in the timing of when you check as i tend to pay attention to weights closer to butcher time as well. If you aren't sure what the live weight was at 13 weeks (I think that's the correct timing?) then answer that you didn't monitor for this question. Or, if you can extrapolate the weight and answer with relative confidence do so.

XOX Monika

I have been meaning to post a thread for members to provide general feedback and suggestions for improvement to the survey for next year. I should do that soon while it's still fairly fresh in people's minds...

#38 2013-11-21 14:11:53

poplar girl
Administrator

After checking through the results for any dupicates or blanks our current tally is 42 responses. I am really pleased with that number. We received responses from a wide diversity of EO owners including people that are only members of other forums or not part of the forum community at all. :thanks: to everyone who spread the word and took the time to respond.

Although there are a few people I can think of that have not responded I think virtually all those that wish to participate have. if I am wrong and someone who hasn't participated but would like to is reading this please either go complete the survey right away or pm or email me to let me know you need more time...

I would like to close the survey and start to summarize the results as i know it will take quite a bit of time to analyze the results. I will post the results of Part A first and then Part B a bit later if that's okay with everyone. The email summary to everyone that has requested one will be last.

Also if you din't already provide any comment or suggestions for next year's survey please feel free to do so:
http://forums.euskaloiloas.com/viewtopic.php?id=1802

Adverts

Board footer