Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-10-24 12:10:31

gmb

global warming?

weee heee :snowman: NOT :stomp:
it's ok with me to get back to flip flop weather anytime soon!

2013-10-24 12:10:31

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-10-24 12:31:24

gubi
Website

Re: global warming?

me too!  I'm hoping November will be nice again.  This year it has been cool for two weeks and then hot for two weeks again all spring and summer long.  It's very muddy everywhere and lots of crops still need to be harvested.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#3 2013-10-24 16:31:05

Flat Rock Farm

I know I went from wearing capri's and sandal last week to my winter coat and socks with shoes this week :sad: :sick:

#4 2013-10-24 21:28:50

Maggiesdad

Light frost last night, heavy frost tonight. We've got all the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, peppers in.

The last planting of sweet corn (4th) was about two weeks too late... the silks were brown but the ears just wouldn't make kernels. That's ok tho, the piggies say the stalks make great fodder!

It was a great year for growing, and an awesome fall garden. :excited:

chopping kraut tonite... :thumbsup:

#5 2013-10-24 23:11:28

Flat Rock Farm

I agree MD it has been a great growing year.  We had just the right amount of rain, no extended dry spells and good temperatures.  Best year I have had for tomatoes in a looooong time.  Also the chickens had lots of garden goodies too :thumbsup:

#6 2013-10-24 23:49:22

poplar girl
Administrator

We've had a beautiful fall out in Alberta but I think it's just about over. There's snow in the forecast for Sunday. And Halloween is generally the beginning of winter around here so I think we'll see temperatures plummet pretty quickly.

And they call it "climate change" now gmb, that way it can go up OR down and they can still spread doom and gloom :P

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#7 2013-10-25 00:25:02

gubi
Website

the snow plows were out this afternoon clearing all the slush.  Good thing it was not freezing or we would have had a heck of a mess.  lake effect squalls already.   I'm almost ready for spring!

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

Adverts

Board footer