Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-09-04 13:02:49

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

New Chicken Genetics Section!

:applause: Hope this helps.  The team will be moving some existing threads into this section, so if you can't find a previous thread on genetics where it used to be, it may show up here.  Use the  'Search' button if stuck!

2011-09-04 13:02:49

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-09-04 13:45:27

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: New Chicken Genetics Section!

If I understand the intent of this section, this would be for defining basic terms and concepts related to genetics. For example, I could post a title called "Autosomal vs. Sex Linked Barring" and we would define what each means and the impacts of the difference and indicate that Marraduna is sex linked barring. correct?

Not sure any of our current topics would fit under this category (but I will need to check to confirm). Most have been more complex than that. It would be a great resource to have though. Maybe ipf would be willing to help us with this list =D

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2011-09-04 15:52:13

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

There's three other sections under the 'Genetics Forum' divider as things apply to chickens and then EOs as well and another for discussion or maybe the actual genetics Study club.  Skyline asked for a new section so I thought we could try to keep it together, hard to do as it is all interrelated!  As ever, the search function is the best way something specific you want to find IMO!!   I can re-organize if it's too broken up...

#4 2011-09-04 19:15:49

Susan
Administrator

I like it Claire! It makes sense to me. If everyone is cool with it, I'd like to move the idea of the study group into the new category- it will be neat to see how it develops from conception onward. So far its already a success as far as I can see. We are ferreting out new resources and have had knowledgeable new members join. Way to go team EO!!

#5 2011-09-04 19:24:43

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:jumping: yay!  Go for it Susan!

Adverts

Board footer