Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-08-01 23:01:45

Lisa

Gorria chicks for sale - pics included

H'Lo All! =D

I have had terrific hatching this year (yeah EO fertility!), and have more babies than I need. I've been focusing on Gorrias, and have a truly astonishing collection of colours. The chicks shown are from hens and roos obtained from Susan last year (via eggs). The father is Kathy's gentle giant that many of the Ontario folks saw at the last Mt. Forest Fur and Feather. Charlie is huge, his colour is not bad, his legs are yellow - and he has clavell comb. He's truly polite with people and solicitous of his girls. He is still missing his tail feathers due to an incident with a heat lamp last winter!

I also have some older chicks from a different rooster - he has a clean comb and slightly better colouring than Charlie, but is a bit smaller. I have extras of those also.

The chicks pictured were hatched July 6 - they are almost 4 weeks old. You can see some of the colour variation in the group shot - it's a bit of a "Waldo" pic, as there are a few Easter Eggers in there for good measure! The roo is Charlie, and the last pic is of Charlie with one of his hens (who has faded a lot in the sun - she used to be a lot redder!).

Since I hatched more birds than I need, the cost is $6 per chick, straight run. Cost is a bit higher for older birds, particularly after they can be sexed. I am happy to make a better price for a bulk purchase.

I could deliver to areas surrounding our farm in Arthur, but it's really more fun to come for a visit, see the parents, and pick your own!

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/lisa_weaver29/Chick1.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/lisa_weaver29/Chick2.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/lisa_weaver29/Chick3.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/lisa_weaver29/Group.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/lisa_weaver29/293.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/lisa_weaver29/Parents.jpg

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

2013-08-01 23:01:45

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-08-02 12:48:54

hollowridge

Re: Gorria chicks for sale - pics included

Oh they are so cute, I want some, wish I was closer, or you were closer to me! :stomp:
Charlie is stunning even without his full tail :love: The hen you say is a gorria?  She looks a lot like some of my marraduna pullets.  I will have to see next year if they start to fade out in the sun, I didn't know they did that :shock:.
I love the pictures,oops I just drooled on the key board.  ;)

#3 2013-08-02 14:16:49

Susan
Administrator

Looking good Lisa!

#4 2013-08-02 16:08:38

mikencarol

..........Lisa...those are some nice looking babies.  Congratulations.  It looks like from the Pics that you eliminated the white legs????  That's what I'm shooting for next year...........one silly little step at a time!

I have to keep reminding myself... "It is The Standard of Perfection...NOT the Standard of Quantity that we are striving for..."

#5 2013-08-02 20:17:39

Micah and Kiah

Will Charlie get his tail back when he moults?  They are lovely Lisa!  Dennis and I adore the ones we got from you.  Great colour, great combs and incredible personality.  I may need to come over and buy more.

Last edited by Micah and Kiah (2013-08-02 20:19:38)

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#6 2013-08-03 00:56:35

Lisa

Thanks for the encouragement Everybody! :happycrowd"

HollowRidge - Let me know if you want me to ship you some eggs! Charlie is happy to father more chicks. He is currently in with his 4 hens, 2 spitz and 5 other vaguely Maradunna coloured eo's - and I bet you every egg coming out of that pen is fertile! I can separate them for a while if you like.

MikenCarol - Yup, every chick so far (that I've noticed) has yellow legs. Yeah! (I can't take credit - that's Susan's doing!)

Micah and Kiah - You are welcome any time, for a visit or to look at babies! Except for Saturday morning, I should be home most of the long weekend... and Helliefant has baby ducks and baby turkeys to see too!

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

#7 2013-08-03 12:16:47

hollowridge

Thanks, Lisa for the egg offer.  We may take you up on that in the spring if you are still doing that, we find for us it is a little too late in the year for chicks , have my hands full of gardens etc.  :thanks:

#8 2013-08-03 19:58:08

Lisa

You are most welcome HR! Anytime.... ;)

Adverts

Board footer