Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-07-01 13:38:27

poplar girl
Administrator

Red Deer July 13, EOs for Sale

I have entered a few EOs in the July 13th lawn show at Sunnybrook farm near (in?) Red Deer. Since we are making the trip down I thought I'd try to rehome a few EOs that will be destined for the freezer if they remain with me.

Pullets will be 10 weeks old. These are birds that I do not want to include in me breeding program for a variety of reasons mostly side sprigs and feather color. They have great EO personalities and I have no reason to doubt their egg laying capacity. A great colorful addition to a backyard flock.

I also have a few pullets at point of lay (17 weeks) or 10 weeks that have curled or crooked toes. These girls would do just fine in a non breeding home and would be available to for minimal cost.

Cockerels. Gorria, heterozygous barred, marraduna. 14 weeks or 10 weeks. Obviously not my first picks for breeding roosters (keeping in mind I will only keep 2 or 3 of about 40!) but there are some nice ones in the mix.

May 2012 hatch marraduna rooster, black horse ranch line. This boy was part of my breeding program this year and has produced some nice chicks. He has good color and temperament. Major flaw is a side sprig, some of his offspring have inherited it, others not. Nice big boy.

Please email or pm me for more information, pictures and pricing. The Red Deer lawn show is from 10am to 4pm on Saturday July 13th so pickup would need to be during that time. Drop off at points along the way may be possible.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

2013-07-01 13:38:27

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-07-01 13:47:15

Island Girl

Re: Red Deer July 13, EOs for Sale

What a great opportunity for some lucky people to add some lovely EOs to their flocks.

XOX Monika

#3 2013-07-01 14:31:32

Susan
Administrator

:net: I agree!

#4 2013-07-13 20:22:07

Lady leghorn
Website

I was one of the lucky ones.  :thumbsup:    Got 4 lovely pullets, I am thrilled.  :jumping:

#5 2013-07-13 22:05:25

Flat Rock Farm

:congrats: Lady leghorn, hope you enjoy them!!!

#6 2013-07-14 19:58:10

Prairie Chick

:congrats:

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles
Waterfowl: Super dewlap Africans, Seb's, American Blue Geese, Muscovies,
also guinea fowl and peafowl

#7 2013-07-19 23:53:23

Lady leghorn
Website

Oh I am enjoying them.   They fit right in with my EO hen from Jonny Anvil.   No fighting, no fussing about anything.   

So nice to see my silkie hen running around in there with them now.   I had bought 4 hatchery pullets the week before I saw PG's ad.  3 were RIR, one Millar Brown.  They were mean.

Poor silky could hardly get out to eat or drink.   EO hen quit laying.   So they went up for sale, Sold and left the night before the Lawn Show.   It's so peaceful out there now.

I think they like their own kind. :)   Except for the bantams, they are so good with them.     :excited:

#8 2013-07-20 02:12:28

poplar girl
Administrator

Oh I'm so glad they are getting along and you are enjoying them! Really enjoying your chooks is the whole point so it's great to hear everything is going well!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer