Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-06-14 01:46:07

Micah and Kiah

June 10th Hatch

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/MicahandKiah/P1110554_zps6a110dda.jpg

Spitz from Gubi's eggs

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/MicahandKiah/P1110570_zps60b2aa30.jpg

EOs from Mille Fleur group 

Elevators babies were a disappointment  3 hatched out of 14 :( 

I don't know what I am doing wrong.  I will try the next group in the Brinsea.

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

2013-06-14 01:46:07

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-06-14 15:04:18

Island Girl

Re: June 10th Hatch

What wonderful bunches of fuzziness, you have a lot of new babies! 

XOX Monika

Edited to remove irrelevant jabber about my silkie :oops:

Last edited by Island Girl (2013-06-14 18:22:23)

#3 2013-06-14 17:21:49

gubi
Website

Glad to hear you had a good Spitz hatch.  Too bad the Elevator eggs didn't.  What was the problem with them you think?  I had horrible hatch rates with my EO's early on too but this last hatch I had 4 out of 8 eggs set hatch.  I lost 3 along the way so 4/5 that made it to day 18 hatched and all have good feet!  Two have a tiny bit of a black stripe at the back of their head and a black line right behind the eye. 
Our Porcelain d'uccles appear to be a trio however I don't think they are bearded.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#4 2013-06-14 17:28:57

Micah and Kiah

Not Bearded?!!That is terrible!  I wonder if the original breeder mixed in booted bantam blood.  :banginghead:   Boot Bantams are very similar to d'Uccles.  Feel free to sell them and I will give your kids free replacements with big muffs.  Just tell me the age group you would prefer.  The youngest groups are still in our home.

gubi wrote:

Glad to hear you had a good Spitz hatch.  Too bad the Elevator eggs didn't.  What was the problem with them you think?  I had horrible hatch rates with my EO's early on too but this last hatch I had 4 out of 8 eggs set hatch.  I lost 3 along the way so 4/5 that made it to day 18 hatched and all have good feet!  Two have a tiny bit of a black stripe at the back of their head and a black line right behind the eye. 
Our Porcelain d'uccles appear to be a trio however I don't think they are bearded.

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#5 2013-06-14 17:30:48

Micah and Kiah

Guib, what I think happenned to Elevator's babies was that I got busy and didn't check the water pails for the Sporsman.  They were without any water for about three days before lockdown.

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#6 2013-06-14 17:51:03

gubi
Website

As long as they had water at lockdown that shouldn't matter too much.  I actually put no water at all into my incubator this last hatch only added water for lockdown.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#7 2013-06-14 18:42:35

Flat Rock Farm

Great pictures, love the spitz babies :love:

#8 2013-06-14 23:48:24

gubi
Website

Flat Rock Farm wrote:

If you need some you know where to find some eggs.  I have a broodie silkie hen that is interested in about 8 porcelain d'uccle eggs in exchange for a couple of dozen Spitz eggs if you're up for a drive.

#9 2013-06-14 23:56:49

Flat Rock Farm

gubi wrote:

Flat Rock Farm wrote:

If you need some you know where to find some eggs.  I have a broodie silkie hen that is interested in about 8 porcelain d'uccle eggs in exchange for a couple of dozen Spitz eggs if you're up for a drive.

Would love to gubi but I have just recently done a downsize.  I love the ones I got from you that are in my mixed layer pen.  So I will have to decline, but if you want some Porcelain eggs I am more than happy to give you some.  Now are you up for the drive!!!  LOL

#10 2013-06-15 00:17:24

gubi
Website

Flat Rock Farm wrote:

gubi wrote:

Flat Rock Farm wrote:

Would love to gubi but I have just recently done a downsize.  I love the ones I got from you that are in my mixed layer pen.  So I will have to decline, but if you want some Porcelain eggs I am more than happy to give you some.  Now are you up for the drive!!!  LOL

Recently downsized means there is room again doesn't it? :whistle: Thanks for the offer but you know me I'm a stay at home farmer.

#11 2013-06-15 02:24:04

Flat Rock Farm

Well I am going to try real hard not to :whistle:  I sold some of my older EO girls and Kramer, but I am already setting up another breeding pen for next year with my chicks and Poplar Girls chicks.   I also sold a few bantams (no money in the eggs) and feed the costs are just about killing me, not to mention the work.........

I will have some Porcelain chicks hatching around the 24th if you are interested.  Collected the eggs for a lady that decided not to take them so I couldn't wast them :whistle:

Sorry Kathy........post hijack!!!   :oops:

#12 2013-06-15 03:17:45

Micah and Kiah

Gubi, we will be driving by on the 21st and I'd be happy to give you a dozen Porcelain eggs, farm delivery!

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#13 2013-06-15 22:15:47

Micah and Kiah

Hi Gubi,
How soon would you like the hatching  eggs? Free of course, I didn't realize that some of my  porcelain breeders have booted bantam in thier genes.  I will contact their breeder.
Would you be willing to do a short dairy farm tour for my brother and nephew?  they just arrived from Finland.  My nephew has never seen a dairy farm!  I have 24 Porcelain eggs set aside for you and your silkie. Hopefully that will make up for Elevator babies being so late. 
I figured out what I did wrong.  I was a day late on lockdown! They were still in a dry enviorment and being turned when they should have been in lock down.  Sorry!  I am putting in another two dozen today.  Sorry!

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#14 2013-06-16 11:47:22

gubi
Website

Micah and Kiah wrote:

Hi Gubi,
How soon would you like the hatching  eggs? Free of course, I didn't realize that some of my  porcelain breeders have booted bantam in thier genes.  I will contact their breeder.
Would you be willing to do a short dairy farm tour for my brother and nephew?  they just arrived from Finland.  My nephew has never seen a dairy farm!  I have 24 Porcelain eggs set aside for you and your silkie. Hopefully that will make up for Elevator babies being so late. 
I figured out what I did wrong.  I was a day late on lockdown! They were still in a dry enviorment and being turned when they should have been in lock down.  Sorry!  I am putting in another two dozen today.  Sorry!

He has never seen a dairy farm!!!  We'll have to change that!  Thanks for the offer of that many eggs, I'm afraid my silkie would only be able to cover about 1/3 of that.  I have been farming all of my live and know all to well that we are working with animals and that there are a lot of things out of our control.  I'm just glad that this time it's not happening at my end :whistle:

Adverts

Board footer