Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#51 2011-09-13 01:13:27

3riverschick
Website

Re: Genetics study group???

Young Heritage wrote:

3riverschick wrote:

Young Heritage wrote:

So has anyone made or found an electronic copy of "Genetics of the Fowl"  that can be downloaded or saved to a local file?

===========
See message #33. I can be downloaded from there, I think.
Best,

It can be on a page by page basis. Did not find a way to download the entire book to file without going through all 590 pages and save them to a file seperatly. I spent the time yesterday doing so and now have a downloadable copy. Thanks

================
    Wow, I am severely impressed! :applause:   That is awesome dedication! Thanks SO much!  :thumbsup:  I would love a downloadable copy! How do I do that? :huh:   My email is bellscolly@comcast.net
Thanks! Karen

:EO:

Karen Tewart
"The present is best served when we remember the past."

2011-09-13 01:13:27

AdBot
Advertisements

#52 2011-09-13 01:41:01

Young Heritage

I still have to fix some pages where I duplicated and missed a page or two. I went to print it out tonight and noticed a few problems. I will try and get it corrected tomorrow and get a copy sent to you. It is in word document so I will zip it up and email to you. Let me know if you are unfamiliar with unzipping a file. It is also very large file. You have high speed internet?

FBCM and Euskal Oiloa

#53 2011-09-13 01:53:06

poplar girl
Administrator

I splurged. Mine is now in transit, should be here shortly.

How do we want to officially pick a start date?
Did anyone check out the chat thing (I cannot get it to work from my iPad)?

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#54 2011-09-13 06:25:27

3riverschick
Website

Young Heritage wrote:

I still have to fix some pages where I duplicated and missed a page or two. I went to print it out tonight and noticed a few problems. I will try and get it corrected tomorrow and get a copy sent to you. It is in word document so I will zip it up and email to you. Let me know if you are unfamiliar with unzipping a file. It is also very large file. You have high speed internet?

==================
yes, Hubby Bob says he knows how to unzip it. We do have high speed  cable internet.
Thanks so much!   :cheer:

Karen Tewart

#55 2011-09-13 09:38:35

Young Heritage

3riverschick wrote:

Young Heritage wrote:

==================
yes, Hubby Bob says he knows how to unzip it. We do have high speed  cable internet.
Thanks so much!   :cheer:

Great, I will work on getting it to you today, probably will be tonight before I get time.

FBCM and Euskal Oiloa

#56 2011-09-13 13:41:13

3riverschick
Website

Thanks so much, Young Heritage! I really appreciate it!
Karen

Karen Tewart

#57 2011-09-14 07:07:32

Island Girl

I decided to go with the book version :) I am having 'pixel' issues with my laptop so I am playing it safe with a book! My book should be here by early Oct. Have we picked a start date yet? I also liked what ipf said about posting specific questions and going from there.  I am looking forward to this!

XOX Monika

PS I cannot get the chat to work either

Last edited by Island Girl (2011-09-14 07:08:37)

#58 2011-09-14 10:13:05

Young Heritage

3riverschick wrote:

Karen

I tried to send it last night but your mail server will not allow messages that large. I will try and setup FTP access to it today and then you should be able to download it. If you are unfamiliar with FTP I can help with that as well.

FBCM and Euskal Oiloa

#59 2011-09-15 01:19:50

3riverschick
Website

Young Heritage wrote:

3riverschick wrote:

Karen

I tried to send it last night but your mail server will not allow messages that large. I will try and setup FTP access to it today and then you should be able to download it. If you are unfamiliar with FTP I can help with that as well.

----------
Hum, I'll ask Hubby if he knows FTP. On another thought, is there a website where we could park it and download from there? Just thinkin'.....or I coudl paypal you the funds and you could snail mail me a CD.
Thanks!
Karen

Karen Tewart

#60 2011-09-15 18:45:24

Young Heritage

Just put it up on FTP. I sent you the link to the ftp site and the login and password to access it. Once logged in just click the link for Genetics of the Fowl-Hutt and it should start downloading. Let me know if you have issues. If anyone else wants it let me know and I will provide access. Please do not share passwords and logins or I will have to remove all access. Thanks

FBCM and Euskal Oiloa

#61 2011-09-16 12:32:01

poplar girl
Administrator

My book arrived yesterday. A nice hefty soft cover. Other than 3riverchick and Young Heritage how is everyone doing with getting Hutt's book?

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#62 2011-09-16 16:21:40

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

I need to order mine, couldn't find my credit card the last tike I was all psyched and had the order page set up. I am going to order Gail Demarows Chicken health book too.  Will get on it this weekend.

#63 2011-09-16 17:03:05

Island Girl

Mine is on the way! =D I bought Gail Demarows chicken health book as a gift for a friend and never got myself one :Crazy: let us know what you think of it and maybe I'll have to get another for myself!

XOX Monika

#64 2011-09-16 17:35:48

3riverschick
Website

poplar girl wrote:

My book arrived yesterday. A nice hefty soft cover. Other than 3riverchick and Young Heritage how is everyone doing with getting Hutt's book?

=========================
You got the Hancox book?

Karen Tewart

#65 2011-09-16 18:42:20

ipf

Re Gail Damerow chook health book - I have it, and I always look stuff up, but to be honest I've found WAY more helpful info on the web. The book's pretty generic, and not particularly creative. I haven't recommended it to anyone else. However, there's not really any other chook health book out there, so if you really want hard copy, it's all there is.

#66 2011-09-17 00:06:56

poplar girl
Administrator

Oh! I see I missed Island Girl's ETA of October for Hutt.

I only ordered Hutt so far 3riverchick. Crawford is actually the book I really want, every time I google something to do with poultry genetics that book comes up. Looks hard to get and expensive though.

Maybe Susan could check the UofS bookstore for me =D

#67 2011-09-17 00:23:56

Susan
Administrator

I will, was thinking of stopping in there soon. I'll ask Dr Crawford too!!

#68 2011-09-17 04:05:49

ipf

I just hung out on AbeBooks until they found me a copy [of Crawford]. . . it was expensive though.

#69 2011-09-17 19:05:59

3riverschick
Website

Look at this. :thumbsup:
We know one of the purposes of the Euskal Oiloa is to provide feathers for fly fishing. Ok, I was surfing genetics links and fell into this website.  I haven't read it yet, looks, fascinating!   :)   I think this guy raises poultry for feathers for fly tying. Anyway, this very detailed article is all about breeding for hackle feathers!!   :applause:
http://www.uncleginkscave.com/GC-Whitin … Farms.html
How cool is that? Can't wait to read it.
Best,

Karen Tewart

#70 2011-10-04 02:57:18

Island Girl

:jumping: Its here!!  Genetics of the Fowl by Hutt. :jumping:

XOX Monika

#71 2011-10-04 04:30:19

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:thumbs: Awesome! :happycrowd"

#72 2011-10-23 23:39:58

poplar girl
Administrator

So I think we need to start nailing down details for our genetics study group!

We will need to gather some input from everyone and make some decisions:

Who is interested in participating, do you have to be there from the start to join in or can you come and go?
Start date?
How often do we tackle a new topic (weekly, every 2 weeks)?
What day and time do we "meet" (if we meet at all!)?
Format for communication (chat, post a topic everyone adds to, ??)
List of topics we want to cover?
I think a book to get us started has been chosen, any other references that need to be gathered?

What else???

#73 2011-10-23 23:46:03

pops coops
Website

I wish I new how to read

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.
http://popscoops.com/

#74 2011-10-24 00:03:37

poplar girl
Administrator

What?!! pops? Did I make so many spelling mistakes my post is illegible? I know you can read some or you wouldn't be posting. Do you have trouble with reading textbooks, etc?

#75 2011-10-24 00:25:50

pops coops
Website

I was trying to ad a little humor, yes I know how to read  :whistle:

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.
http://popscoops.com/

Adverts

Board footer