Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-05-04 19:59:38

appway

Great Pyrenees Pups for sale in 4 weeks Pic posted

Here is a pic of the Pyr Pups that we have they are four weeks old yesterday
they will be ready to go in 4 weeks
The pics are not the best But I was on my Mobile Cart and they kept climing on top of it to be with me
Yhe have Chickens and Turkeys that go in with them and there is even a goose that goes in at night with them
We are asking $250.00 ea. Farm Pick up
some times one could be taken to regina or maybe Vibank mb on certain days for alittle bit of gas money
If Interested I will try and get Better Pics When Dariwn is Home
Thanks and here is the pic
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/APPway/pyrlit_zpsf0fd2abc.jpg

2013-05-04 19:59:38

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-05-04 21:30:43

Lisa

Re: Great Pyrenees Pups for sale in 4 weeks Pic posted

:love:

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

#3 2013-05-05 00:36:31

poplar girl
Administrator

They are so beautiful Joe :love:

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#4 2013-05-05 01:44:47

appway

Thanks Guys
Update there are now 3 Males and 2 Females as 1 male is going to a new home in 4 weeks

#5 2013-05-05 02:12:00

mikencarol

.....COOL...those are beautiful.  I have had Great Pyranees for 30 something years now and COULD NOT raise anything here without them.  Lots of folks buy our babies for Goat prediator control.........we have 2 females and 2 males....they re the Greatest!!!!!!!!

I have to keep reminding myself... "It is The Standard of Perfection...NOT the Standard of Quantity that we are striving for..."

#6 2013-05-05 12:39:26

Maggiesdad

Wow Joe, they are something else! :jumping: Wish I was closer. That mamma looks like she is saying 'Help'! :lol:

#7 2013-05-05 18:13:19

Micah and Kiah

Joe. do you know anyone coming to Ontario?  I would LOVE one of these puppies to help protect our EOs!  How old should they be before they move in with the chickens?  We have ALOT of coons and coyotees, a few fox... would the puppy be safe here?  (our dogs our house dogs and only walk the property with us.

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#8 2013-05-05 19:35:12

appway

Hi
Sorry I dont know anyone heading that way wish I did.
They can be with the Poultry while they are free ranging at any time with supervision as beings they still are Pups They should not be trusted all the way  But when your Poultry is locked up they should be able to patrol the area when they are older.
The pups here are with the mum and dad and if they chase the poultry the Parents do correct them as they know it is not allowed but if the parents were not here you would have to do the correcting. knock on wood the pups have not hurt any of the poultry. The parents take care of Coons Coyotes and The Skunks They stink after the skunk run ins but it is worth it them smelling. Have not had the Fox around yet knock on wood so hope they keep them down also.
If I hear of anyone heading that way I will let you know
Thanks for your interest
Joe

#9 2013-05-06 01:13:26

Micah and Kiah

Thank you Joe.  They are lovely!  So far we have been able to keep the coons away but last week their was one trying to go right into the car port where we keep the 4 month old chicks as we transition to the outdoors. Everybody is fine but it did scare us.

Micah has relatives who drive cross country.  We will talk to them and see what we can do!  I'll PM if we can figure out a ride.

appway wrote:

Hi
Sorry I dont know anyone heading that way wish I did.
They can be with the Poultry while they are free ranging at any time with supervision as beings they still are Pups They should not be trusted all the way  But when your Poultry is locked up they should be able to patrol the area when they are older.
The pups here are with the mum and dad and if they chase the poultry the Parents do correct them as they know it is not allowed but if the parents were not here you would have to do the correcting. knock on wood the pups have not hurt any of the poultry. The parents take care of Coons Coyotes and The Skunks They stink after the skunk run ins but it is worth it them smelling. Have not had the Fox around yet knock on wood so hope they keep them down also.
If I hear of anyone heading that way I will let you know
Thanks for your interest
Joe

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#10 2013-05-06 01:28:03

appway

Okay sounds good  Just let me know they still cant go for 4 mores weeks anyway.
Hope you got the Coon

#11 2013-05-08 17:10:31

appway

Bumping Up sorry  I am going to be listing these pups on the Kijiji site and a couple others soon and wanted to give My chicken friends first choice
Sorry about the Bump

Joe

#12 2013-05-08 19:21:58

Amblecroft
Website

Adorable and very tempting--but I wish they'd stay put!  They are real wanderers.  Last year I saw a Pyr in a fenced sheep pasture and it was wearing a triangular collar made of 2x2 so it could not go through the farm fence.

Susan Buttivant at Amblecroft,
Chaparral Pyrenean Shepherds and Petits Bassets
http://www3.sympatico.ca/chaparral/amblecroft.html

#13 2013-05-08 19:43:11

appway

Yes the Pyr is known to wander But any breed will wander off if left out on the Acreage
My 2 have access to a 1/4 section  have never put a wooden Yoke on them and I never would I hate hearing that people do that.
I Live right on a Major Grid and my 2 do sometimes get on the grid but here in SK most people will watch for animals on the road
Even tho My 2 wander I can still hear them Barking a warning at night in the distance and can hear when they have got something that was not supose to be in the pasture.
Evn in the Morning if I dont see them I just have to Blow my Whistle and they are home within 20 minutes
Sorry to Ramble on but I love The Pyr's and would never be without one on the farm to Protect my animals

Joe

#14 2013-05-09 00:40:45

Amblecroft
Website

I live in central Ontario and I'm afraid there is no such consideration for dogs on the roads and highways.  I cannot believe how fast some people will drive past a loose dog on the shoulder of the road!!   I know the Great Pyrenees is a phenomenal guardian dog and as part of his job he must wander and patrol.  Good luck with finding the wonderful homes they deserve!

Susan Buttivant at Amblecroft,
Chaparral Pyrenean Shepherds and Petits Bassets
http://www3.sympatico.ca/chaparral/amblecroft.html

#15 2013-11-19 11:49:56

kyleharlan

appway wrote:

Here is a pic of the Pyr Pups that we have they are four weeks old yesterday
they will be ready to go in 4 weeks
The pics are not the best But I was on my Mobile Cart and they kept climing on top of it to be with me
Yhe have Chickens and Turkeys that go in with them and there is even a goose that goes in at night with them
We are asking $250.00 ea. Farm Pick up
some times one could be taken to regina or maybe Vibank mb on certain days for alittle bit of gas money
If Interested I will try and get Better Pics When Dariwn is Home
Thanks and here is the pic
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/A … fd2abc.jpg

nice pic of the Pyr Pups i will going to purchase such one  Pyr Pups from my nearest dog shop...

#16 2013-11-19 13:41:08

poplar girl
Administrator

Welcome kyleharlan! Where are you located, :Canada: or :US:? It would be very appreciated if you can add your location to your profile (under Personal). And please tell us more about yourself and your animals.

In regards to getting a pyr, if you can it's best to buy one from a farm or acreage where the parents are working dogs and the pups have been taught right from a young age that their job is to protect the animals. Our current pyr is just over a year old now and his dedication to staying with and protecting our animals is amazing.  Right from day one he never chased cats or killed chickens (at all!) and he stays out with the animals 24-7. The horses are his favorite even though they are the most capable of protecting themselves but we keep the horse near the other animals so it works great. He is very shy with people though and would not protect the animals from preditors of the two legged variety. I am "his" human as he won't let anyone else including my husband within 10 ft of him. With me he will always stop a couple feet away and waits for me to go to him for some petting. He will come to me from just about anywhere if called as well. All dogs are different but I think you can tell a lot about how a dog will be from the parents and how they react to you as a puppy.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#17 2013-11-19 18:12:30

Flat Rock Farm

:welcome: kyleharlan :hi:

Agree with PG 100%, I would only buy one from a place that you can see the parents, or at least the Mother.  You never know what you get from buying from a pet shop!!

Adverts

Board footer