Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-03-14 16:08:19

Qualicum Chick

Hello from Qualicum Beach, B.C.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for admitting me to this forum.  I am looking forward to learning more about my EO chicks that I got from Island Girl.  They are beautiful and healthy, and are 5 1/2 weeks old.  They certainly are feisty!  On their first day I had adventurous escape artists on my hands!  I believe I have them contained now.

I have a variety of chickens and have been increasing my flock for just over a year now.  I am still learning which breeds are my favourite, but I'm getting pretty close.  I am particularly fond of my Speckled Sussex girls and my Russian Orloffs because of their friendly and curious nature.  The SS are more adventurous than the Orloffs, but the Orloffs are so sweet and gentle.  Even the roo is a lovely guy.  As for the EO's, I've heard Island Girl talk about them and decided to try a few.  I'm sure I will grow to love them.  (Well, I already do actually!) 

I'm going to have fun getting to know all of you and to learn more about my EO's and chickens in particular.

dogs, parrots, chickens, ducks, husband ... not in order of importance! ;-)

2013-03-14 16:08:19

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-03-14 16:27:13

gubi
Website

Re: Hello from Qualicum Beach, B.C.

:welcome: :EO:

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#3 2013-03-14 18:11:36

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

:welcome: to the forum.  You're going to love the EO's  :EO:

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”      Unknown

#4 2013-03-14 18:36:32

Flat Rock Farm

:welcome: to the forum and :congrats: on your new ones from Monika. :jumping:

You will :love: them :EO:

#5 2013-03-14 18:46:08

Susan
Administrator

Welcome QC!

#6 2013-03-14 18:51:48

Maggiesdad

:welcome: to the EOCF!  :excited:

#7 2013-03-15 01:16:24

yardbirds

:welcome:  to the " other side "  :lol:  :EO:

urban flock consisting two EOs thx Prairie Chick, one True Blue Ameraucana, and two Welsummers, thx Dan Smith and a gorgeous Easter Egger Hen, thx Flicker Chick. and 2 GLW pullets, 1 GLW cockerel, 1 SLW cockerel, 1 true blue Ameraucana pullet, and 4 EE pullets and 1 Cream Brabanter pullet, Thx to FRF, Anneke, and Fallyn.

#8 2013-03-15 01:24:07

poplar girl
Administrator

Yep welcome! Sounds like the EOs have most certainly found a wonderful new person to own and you're it!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#9 2013-03-15 02:06:18

Island Girl

Hey QC, there you are! :happycrowd" You will love it here! :welcome: You know I forgot to mention that QC is actually the lucky one who ended up with the TPC (Tiny Purple Chickens) that I hatched from Claire. You so belong here QC, lots of d'Uccle owners on here too and a lot of them originated from Claire like the EOs did. Hmmmmm, so this all can be traced back to Claire ....:group talking:

XOX Monika

#10 2013-03-15 04:05:10

Qualicum Chick

Yes, I have Davis, Helen, Rosie and Ginny ... the TPC ... and they are doing well.  They were enjoying some steamed brown rice this evening ... it was such a rainy horrible day I figured they needed a treat to make the day better.    I am sure I will like this place and will have fun chatting with everyone ;-)  :group talking::happycrowd"

dogs, parrots, chickens, ducks, husband ... not in order of importance! ;-)

#11 2013-03-15 05:15:23

dahlisgrams

:welcome: It's nice to meet you!:hi:

Adverts

Board footer