Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#51 2013-03-21 00:40:20

Maggiesdad

Re: Waiting for pips

dahlisgrams wrote:

yardbirds wrote:

:jumping:  now lets hope my impending hatch goes off without a hitch... :lol:  hitch hatch...cabbage patch...hatch another batch...this old man can catch a hatch.... :whistle: think I got spring fever or something.... :funny:

:funny: I hope they do well!!!

The last EO egg pipped, I can't believe it. Well, I can.. it was alive when I candled it but still.. :nervous:

That's awesome! C'mon, pokey! I want you fluffed and outta there by 7am tomorrow morning! :cheer:

2013-03-21 00:40:20

AdBot
Advertisements

#52 2013-03-21 15:28:58

dahlisgrams

Maggiesdad wrote:

dahlisgrams wrote:

yardbirds wrote:

dahlisgrams wrote

"The way I have things set up for incubating/hatching is this.. 3 tabletop incubators and a separate hatcher that I thoroughly disinfect with antibacterial soap and copious amounts of oxine after cleaning. I incubate the eggs and when they are within about 3 days of hatch, I transfer them to the cleaned and disinfected hatcher and bump humidity right before I suspect they'll begin to pip. I don't use the incubators for hatching but clean them out periodically too."

Thanks for explaining your setup....now I feel foolish... :chairhide:  =D  :thanks:

Not foolish at all! I should have been more clear but I thought you made an excellent and extremely valid point. Thank you!! :wise:

Don't feel foolish at all, YB - I put the same thing on her because I did just that last year and had an absolutely terrible hatch. That was a hard learned lesson. But after quizzing her I had found that DG knows a thing or two about incubation... not to worry!  In fact, I believe I'll let her hatch all my chicks.  :funny:

What a lovely compliment.. thank you Glen! :happycrowd"

The last egg hatched this morning!!!!! :hatch::excited::thumbsup::cheer:

That's ten new EO chicks!!!! Yay!!!

Last edited by dahlisgrams (2013-03-21 15:29:41)

#53 2013-03-21 20:39:34

Maggiesdad

So knowing what I told you about the one hen, that means you got well over 50%!

:cheer:

#54 2013-03-21 22:51:02

Flat Rock Farm

:congrats: Tara on your new babies :cheer:

#55 2013-03-22 02:04:43

Susan
Administrator

Awesome!!

Adverts

Board footer