Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-02-25 14:46:15

Maggiesdad

My two pens...

Last summer's pairings with Mr Black... I liked the results from this setup, so I'm keeping it the same this year and plan on hatching a lot from these girls. Everybody came back a little lighter and with some white feathers after the first molt.

Form left to right - Big Millie , Little Brown Hen, Little Millie, Cinnamon, Mr. Black and Broody Mama
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--ObyMorRkW8/USt1R9HcgFI/AAAAAAAACbo/BjMOIPsF10c/s720/DSC_0100%2520%25283%2529.JPG

And here's NP's Yellow, with his girls - Lucky (The  biggest girl.. after her molt, she came back w white feathers on her head) and three of my pullets from last years hatching. Two of LBH's girls and one of Cinnamon's. I have one chick so far out of this pen, the little pullet with the columbian markings on her head. Mor pics of her later.

Ol' Yeller's yelling about how he's gonna kick my butt if I take any more eggs... :whistle:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Vd3_icKqB14/USt4QBgxcVI/AAAAAAAACb8/LMp6bhQA5jQ/s512/DSC_0102%2520%25282%2529.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ukLM3ZWOaNs/USt4P7pOYXI/AAAAAAAACb4/88u_cep9d1Q/s512/DSC_0104%2520%25282%2529.JPG

2013-02-25 14:46:15

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-02-25 17:36:21

NaturesPace
Website

Re: My two pens...

Lucky is the girl at the bottom in the third photo?

So you decided to use the millie girls because they have good size? I like the darker color on those girls too. Both my millies are much darker than my 'blondie" types.

If you don't get recessive white chicks from Yellow's group, I guess that means he isn't hiding the white gene? Are you trying to eliminate RWs? Not sure how hard it is to breed out.

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

#3 2013-02-25 17:38:31

Flat Rock Farm

You should get some nice chicks from those two pens :thumbsup:  I had drastic changes with my oldest girls after they went through their molt this year.

#4 2013-02-25 18:55:02

Maggiesdad

NaturesPace wrote:

Lucky is the girl at the bottom in the third photo?

So you decided to use the millie girls because they have good size? I like the darker color on those girls too. Both my millies are much darker than my 'blondie" types.

If you don't get recessive white chicks from Yellow's group, I guess that means he isn't hiding the white gene? Are you trying to eliminate RWs? Not sure how hard it is to breed out.

Just haven't pulled them out yet. And one of them is laying, while some of the others aren't yet, so why not?!

I would suspect that a test hatch of prospective breeders to a recessive white bird would pinpoint hidden carriers of the rw gene.
All the more reason to keep one of each, huh? I got rid of my rw cockerels... :banginghead:

Adverts

Board footer