Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-02-18 13:48:57

Island Girl

Is there an interest out there for my EO eggs?

As some of you know I have started a number of threads with many questions about 'your opinions' on breeding, raising, culling, selling eggs and so on. All of it was very important to me in helping me form 'my way' to raise and breed these wonderful birds.  Reserving the right to change my mind at any given moment, lol! I am eagerly awaiting my first chicks from breeding Studly over the breeding girls. I am done collecting eggs for myself and I am finding that I want to offer these eggs to others now. I have given it alot of thought and have decided that I want to be part of making EOs available to the people on this site that are interested. I do feel that if there is someone out there that could benifit from my line of EOs then I want to share! I do not know what the hatch rate is yet but I will soon =D Of the eggs I have set into the Brinsea 20s I have had an 80% fertility rate, I am calculating my fertility rate as the eggs that are developing. The fertility is actually higher than that, as most of the eggs that did not develop still had the bullseye or a bloodring but did not continue to develop. So at this point I am just canvessing to see if there is an interest from those of you that are on this site.

XOX Monika

2013-02-18 13:48:57

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-02-18 14:58:55

Susan
Administrator

Re: Is there an interest out there for my EO eggs?

Well right now I have plenty of my own lol. Seriously though, at some point I am sure I will be calling you to ship me some eggs, Monika. This year however, I am seriously cutting back my breeding program. I will be hatching very few and selling very few for two reasons. The first is that I am busy with school and need to focus on it. Secondly, I was not as happy with last years' group. Nothing serious just thought I could have done better so I want to raise a few this year to an older age to see where I am at. I guess there is a third reason as well: I don't want to be butchering a bunch of Roos if am I fortunate enough to get into Nursing in September.
I am glad you have decided to share our wonderful birds. I have a lot of requests for eggs this year and am glad to know there is another person I can refer people to when I can't fill all the orders! :)

#3 2013-02-18 16:03:37

riverbendfarm
Website

Good for you Island Girl. I am offering what eggs I have to people as well, and I can't keep up with the people who want chicks. I have an order to bring in eggs from FRF for this season, so I'll have to keep it at that. I bet you can find people in your area who would love to own these birds. I found that just getting the news out that I was here and had a breeding flock started has really sparked an interest in the birds. Once you have a small community near you of people who love them it makes trading stock and helping each other out so much easier. Chicken fanciers are like children in a candy store: you see something new and different and you SIMPLY MUST HAVE IT! =D

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.
~Heraclitus

#4 2013-02-21 12:22:06

poplar girl
Administrator

IG i was just looking at the pictures you posted of your breeding flock on ACE. I believe the hen in the first picture is a gorria mille fleur type. Looking at the last picture I think you have two like that. Since the body color can vary so much at this point I look for barring on the columbian hackle feathers as a double check. Marraduna will have white bars through the black on the hackle feathers.

All your hens (pullets?) look to be nice and big and in very nice shape being in the breeding pen!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#5 2013-02-21 16:57:11

mikencarol

.........OK....Here is your "Stupid question of the day".....what is ACE????  I have seen it mentioned in a few posts but durned if I know what it stands for......:huh:....Thanks......Mike

I have to keep reminding myself... "It is The Standard of Perfection...NOT the Standard of Quantity that we are striving for..."

#6 2013-02-21 18:30:52

Island Girl

poplar girl wrote:

IG i was just looking at the pictures you posted of your breeding flock on ACE. I believe the hen in the first picture is a gorria mille fleur type. Looking at the last picture I think you have two like that. Since the body color can vary so much at this point I look for barring on the columbian hackle feathers as a double check. Marraduna will have white bars through the black on the hackle feathers.

All your hens (pullets?) look to be nice and big and in very nice shape being in the breeding pen!

:chairhide: So I am not even naming the colors correctly, geesh .... thanks pg. That is one of the reasons I decided to do a flock breeding, I stared at those pictures forever last night and almost didn't put the variety beside them. I shall go fix it now so that I may appear to look like what I am doing now, lol!! :happycrowd"

XOX Monika

#7 2013-02-21 18:43:34

Island Girl

mikencarol wrote:

.........OK....Here is your "Stupid question of the day".....what is ACE????  I have seen it mentioned in a few posts but durned if I know what it stands for......:huh:....Thanks......Mike

Hey Mike, it stands for Alberta Chickens Etc, another chicken forum that also has other animal type lovers. This is where I had the pleasure of 'meeting' Claire and Susan, there are a few of us over there :happycrowd"

XOX Monika

#8 2013-02-22 03:38:04

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Mike, Martin Grove farm here is admin there for another lady who started it.  :happycrowd" I made a lot of chicken buddies there!

IG, I am not really planning on doing much this year, breedingwise, just a few D'Uccles, maybe make a few a few EEs, a few EOs (I want to get Blondie's line going) so I won't need any eggs, we are just ticking over.  I may let the darn chanteclers sit once we get everyone moved to the new place.  I always feel guilty taking their nice warm eggs from their freshly self-plucked roast chicken breasts :shock:  At least they are not serious yet so still have chest feathers, either which is good.

Riverbend, you are so right!  That is what has happened in Ontario and Manitoba and Virginia already with EO buddies :happycrowd":EO:! :jumping:

#9 2013-02-23 03:53:11

riverbendfarm
Website

Skeffling needs to mail me some Black Penny eggses...yes...yes she does my precious....

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.
~Heraclitus

#10 2013-03-01 15:25:32

Prairie Chick

I would be interested in keeping a small flock, I prefer the Maraduna's.

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles
Waterfowl: Super dewlap Africans, Seb's, American Blue Geese, Muscovies,
also guinea fowl and peafowl

#11 2013-03-01 15:41:18

yardbirds

Prairie Chick wrote:

I would be interested in keeping a small flock, I prefer the Maraduna's.

I will be hatching some around Easter ( some of Susan's eggs ) :thumbs:

urban flock consisting two EOs thx Prairie Chick, one True Blue Ameraucana, and two Welsummers, thx Dan Smith and a gorgeous Easter Egger Hen, thx Flicker Chick. and 2 GLW pullets, 1 GLW cockerel, 1 SLW cockerel, 1 true blue Ameraucana pullet, and 4 EE pullets and 1 Cream Brabanter pullet, Thx to FRF, Anneke, and Fallyn.

#12 2013-03-01 15:45:33

Prairie Chick

Oh sorry Allan I should of said i am looking for eggs....I have a sportsman and want to fill it at least half full when i run it.

So Monika i would be interested in some of your eggs :)

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles

#13 2013-03-01 17:52:56

Island Girl

Prairie Chick wrote:

Oh sorry Allan I should of said i am looking for eggs....I have a sportsman and want to fill it at least half full when i run it.

So Monika i would be interested in some of your eggs :)

Thats great, just let me know how many and when you would like them :chickout:  I am beginning to get responses from people and need to organize collecting eggs. I have hatched out 29 chicks out of 32 fertile eggs this past week. One chick had stopped developing quite early, one chick had its head partially caught under its leg and could not pip (that was a heartbreaker) and the third egg I put into the batch that should start hatching today just in case its just a slowpoke. I don't actually enjoy opening up the unhatched eggs but I am curious and need to know why they did not hatch. I am happy with the hatching results. I also have removed two hens from the breeding flock to up the fertility odds for my Maraduna roo.

XOX Monika

#14 2013-03-02 01:27:22

choctawgal
Website

I.G... I'm PM-ing you.  :whistle:

Jenn

Nashoba Family Farm: "Jill of many trades," service dog trainer/handler.  Owned by 2 svc dogs, 4 turkeys, 9 ducks, 1 rabbit, and manage Mother Clucker's Egg Co-op: a 75 hen, co-op owned, pastured, heritage flock.
Please "like" me at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mother-C … ef=tn_tnmn
and https://www.facebook.com/choctawgal

#15 2013-03-02 03:59:21

Prairie Chick

Sent a pm this morning, hope you got it.

#16 2013-03-02 17:24:38

Island Girl

Pms received =D

XOX Monika

#17 2013-03-02 19:15:51

Maggiesdad

Pms - is that a good thing or a bad thing?   :huh:

=D

#18 2013-03-02 20:11:07

Island Girl

:funny: 

no not  :gunslinger:  pms
The :happycrowd" pm's kind

XOX Monika

#19 2013-03-02 20:31:42

Flat Rock Farm

Island Girl wrote:

:funny: 

no not  :gunslinger:  pms
The :happycrowd" pm's kind

XOX Monika

:funny: yes you feel like Clint Eastwood :gunslinger: "go ahead, make my day" with the other pms :whistle:

#20 2013-03-02 20:59:52

pops coops
Website

I PMd you to  :hatch:

peafowl many colours, India blue, Silver pied, Black shoulder, Midnight black shoulder, Cameo, Buford bronze, Pieds, Whites, Purple pieds, Javas and others, Black copper marans, Wheaten marans, Blue cochins, Euskal Oiloa,  Americanas, BLRW, Jersey Giants, Silkies , Naked neck silkies, Ridley bronze Bourbon red, Guineas,  Eclectus, parrotlets, Bare Eyed Cockatoos Macaws.
http://popscoops.com/

#21 2013-03-02 21:12:20

castawaykev
Website

I am looking for some EE eggs to try incubating.  I am mostly into Bantams like D'uccles, Polish, sebrights and serema's.  But love Araucana, silver spangled hamburgs, pheonix, hoodens, japanese bantams, sumatras, and well the list goes on.

I am now totally addicted....just hatched my first Mille Fleurs D'uccles chicks...2 so far....should get 6.  I will start to save my eggs before incubating again....as i want them all to hatch at the same time.  I also want to raise some Polish Bantams and some other interesting types.  Have tones of room and lots of newly built insulated and noninsulated pens.

KC

I raise: Seramas, Mille Fleur D'uccles, Porcelain D'uccles, Polish WCB bantam, bantam GLW, Modern Game BR, Araucana, EO's, white Silkies, Coshin black bantam, Silver Sebrights....and hope for more.

#22 2013-03-03 01:19:37

Micah and Kiah

I hope to contact you soon IG, got our hands full here right now.

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#23 2013-03-03 02:59:45

Island Girl

castawaykev wrote:

I am looking for some EE eggs to try incubating.  I am mostly into Bantams like D'uccles, Polish, sebrights and serema's.  But love Araucana, silver spangled hamburgs, pheonix, hoodens, japanese bantams, sumatras, and well the list goes on.

I am now totally addicted....just hatched my first Mille Fleurs D'uccles chicks...2 so far....should get 6.  I will start to save my eggs before incubating again....as i want them all to hatch at the same time.  I also want to raise some Polish Bantams and some other interesting types.  Have tones of room and lots of newly built insulated and noninsulated pens.

KC

Hi there castawaykev, glad to meet you :jumping: you sound as if you have the addiction bad,lol. I'm not sure if you meant to post on this thread as I am selling EO eggs and not EE eggs, but just let me know as I am sure I could accommodate you too, after all I hate to see you with all those birds but no Euskal Oiloas!!

XOX Monika

#24 2013-03-03 03:02:30

Island Girl

Micah and Kiah wrote:

I hope to contact you soon IG, got our hands full here right now.

I look forward to hearing from you M & K, I am surprised how quickly the orders are coming in. I am excited to be part of sharing this breed with others.

XOX Monika

#25 2013-06-10 21:13:30

Lady leghorn
Website

Island Girl.....Are you still selling hatching eggs?   Only want   either 1/2 a dozen or  one dozen.  ?     :huh:

Thanks.  :)

Adverts

Board footer