Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2013-02-18 12:57:16

Island Girl

4 incubators running with a whole lot a eggs!

I have three Brinsea 20s and a Hovabator full of eggs that should start hatching out in a week, 80+ eggs. There will be chicks every couple days for a week or so. All the EOs will be from Studly over my breeding flock. I am very excited to see the chicks that he will produce. :excited: It seems like an eternity ago when I received my first eggs from both Susan and Claire and now here I am waiting for their offspring to hatch =D  I will be switching roos in awhile, waiting a month or so and then doing it again so that I will have chicks from my two main roos. I want to say thanks to everyone for helping me make my decisions on who to breed and answering all my questions / polls over the past many months. :happycrowd"

XOX Monika

2013-02-18 12:57:16

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-02-18 13:17:10

Flat Rock Farm

Re: 4 incubators running with a whole lot a eggs!

That's a lot of eggs there Monika :excited:  Hope you have a successful :hatch:

Are they all EO eggs???

#3 2013-02-18 13:57:48

Island Girl

There are some eggs in the bators of a different breed that I am hatching out for someone else, but there are 91 EO eggs in total, just did a recount, eeek! I plan to :eat: the boys and pick the best girls for breeding and egglayers. :-) Then I will sell any remaining pullets as nonbreeding egglayers. Thats my plan for now :wise: hmmmm, wonder what it will be a month from now :whistle:

XOX Monika

#4 2013-02-18 14:14:29

poplar girl
Administrator

I hope you get a great hatch Monika. It will be really interesting to have that many EOs of the same age side-by-side to observe and choose from.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#5 2013-02-18 14:24:41

Flat Rock Farm

Island Girl wrote:

There are some eggs in the bators of a different breed that I am hatching out for someone else, but there are 91 EO eggs in total, just did a recount, eeek! I plan to :eat: the boys and pick the best girls for breeding and egglayers. :-) Then I will sell any remaining pullets as nonbreeding egglayers. Thats my plan for now :wise: hmmmm, wonder what it will be a month from now :whistle:

XOX Monika

91 WOW :shock: thata girl!! :thumbsup:

Well that will give you a lot to choose from and good luck with the plan, LOL  :whistle:

#6 2013-02-18 14:26:32

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

That sure is a lot of EO's  Lucky you!  I can hardly wait to see the photos

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”      Unknown

#7 2013-02-18 14:49:50

yardbirds

Happy Hatching.... that is alot of eggs... =D  My recent hatch started late on day 21 and was complete late on day 23 and I thought that was a long time and was relieved when the process was over (the worry wart in me I guess)  I can't imagine an extended hatch period of a week or more...where is the bugeyed, dark circle eyed, houdan hairstyle, unshaven, bathrobed, hatchaholic icon when you need it.... :lol:

Last edited by yardbirds (2013-02-18 14:52:43)

urban flock consisting two EOs thx Prairie Chick, one True Blue Ameraucana, and two Welsummers, thx Dan Smith and a gorgeous Easter Egger Hen, thx Flicker Chick. and 2 GLW pullets, 1 GLW cockerel, 1 SLW cockerel, 1 true blue Ameraucana pullet, and 4 EE pullets and 1 Cream Brabanter pullet, Thx to FRF, Anneke, and Fallyn.

#8 2013-02-18 14:57:54

gubi
Website

Good luck on the hatch.  It's nice to have a big group of chicks to raise at the same age.  I have had close to that many eggs in a single hova before!  :chairhide: some of them were silkies though and they use no room!
The boys taste very good.

Last edited by gubi (2013-02-18 14:58:45)

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#9 2013-02-18 15:50:45

riverbendfarm
Website

WOW! Now that's what I call dedication! You are going to be one busy chick-mama!

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.
~Heraclitus

#10 2013-02-18 16:15:46

NaturesPace
Website

:chickout: wow you are going to have some fun with them. will you be able to put them in a brooder outside of the house? I can't imagine having that many chicks in my downstairs guest room. Thou, I could imagine not having a husband anymore if i did that. :chairhide:

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

#11 2013-02-19 04:27:22

Island Girl

NaturesPace wrote:

:chickout: wow you are going to have some fun with them. will you be able to put them in a brooder outside of the house? I can't imagine having that many chicks in my downstairs guest room. Thou, I could imagine not having a husband anymore if i did that. :chairhide:

DH willingly suggested that I use a wonderful area we have under our bedroom addition. We have a 6ft crawlspace with a concrete floor, two little hobbit doors :P, wired and insulated with good lighting and  easy to heat. We currently use it for storing building materials as it is so nice and dry under there. It is about 16 ft by 15 ft  I think I might staple a nice big tarp down the middle as a wall to keep the dust and dander confined to only half of the room. I believe this will be part of my task for tomorrow and of course that will mean :pics: for you.

XOX Monika

#12 2013-02-20 00:24:38

Micah and Kiah

Best wishes for a great hatch!  Can't wait until we get photos!

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#13 2013-02-20 04:00:34

dahlisgrams

Good luck with the hatch!! 91 EOs!!! I can't wait for the photos. :excited:

I have a bunch of hatching going on this month too. 60 set at the moment with about 24 due to hatch on Saturday. Then I'll be setting another 50 or so in the next week, maybe half of which will be EO eggs... Finally!! :hatch::thumbsup:

#14 2013-02-22 23:51:34

kenya

Wow 91 you will undoubtedly get some beautiful and interesting birds out of that!

Adverts

Board footer