Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-11-12 14:02:46

Lindy Lou

Colby cheese Why did i do it!

I have just taken my first wheel of Colby Cheese from the press and it is now floating in it's brine bath. What a lot of work that cheese is. If I ever have a moment of madness and say I'm going to make it again someone Please Stop me. I started making it yesterday at 2:00 and finished pressing it at 8:00am today. Now it has to be brined for 8 hours and then air dryed for 2 days then waxed. And I DON'T EVEN EAT CHEESE!
I think i'll stick with Farmhouse Cheddar Oh and I did just make a Carphillly for Christmas.

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

2012-11-12 14:02:46

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-11-12 14:44:51

Flat Rock Farm

Re: Colby cheese Why did i do it!

Holy crumb Lynn that is a lot of work especially since you don't eat cheese.  John better enjoy it and appreciate your effort. 

Well your Farmhouse Cheddar is so good and I :love: your cream cheese :eat:

#3 2012-11-12 14:48:17

Lindy Lou

Well Thank you Paula. Hope you're having a good visit and say Hi to your Mum for me :hi:

Some of us are driven by the need to make animals a part of our lives. We are soothed by their presence, fascinated by their behavior, and amused by their antics.

#4 2012-11-12 15:22:54

Susan
Administrator

Cool! I shouldn't even attempt it right now, but you have my mouth watering. I love cheese!:eat:

#5 2012-11-12 15:47:59

Lindy Lou

I really enjoy making it. It's just sometimes I take on bigger projects than I think. Yesterday I had bread rising, cheese doing it's thing and dinner in the oven. One thing too many I think in hindsight.
It always make me laugh when people ask if I get bored living in the country. :funny: I haven't got time to get bored.

Last edited by Lindy Lou (2012-11-12 15:49:28)

#6 2012-11-12 22:27:40

Flat Rock Farm

Lindy Lou wrote:

Well Thank you Paula. Hope you're having a good visit and say Hi to your Mum for me :hi:

Your welcome, I wouldn't say it if I didn't enjoy it :eat:

Thanks, yes I am having a good visit, needed the time to "decompress" as my sister calls it.  I will say hi to Mum from you for sure.  I have had my fill of clothes shopping but the deals where so good, so am coming home with a FULL suitcase.

#7 2012-11-12 23:01:51

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

You make good cheese Lynn, but that is a lot of work for something that you don't even enjoy eating.  I hope John appreciates it too.  I'm sure your Grand-sons will enjoy it!    :eat:

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”      Unknown

#8 2012-11-13 00:20:58

Lindy Lou

Actually I am making it for Christmas so you will get to sample some when you visit. Paula I will be sure to have Fromage Blanc with Herbs on the menu.
Glad you're having a good trip, the weather here today is awful, freezing rain and blowing a gale.

Last edited by Lindy Lou (2012-11-13 00:21:21)

#9 2012-11-13 12:27:33

Flat Rock Farm

Can't wait :excited:

Weather has been great here, in the low 70's F and sunny.  So I am NOT looking forward to the yuk back home.  Wonder if Mark would miss me :whistle:

#10 2012-11-14 02:33:09

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:excited:  I can testify to the deliciousness of Lynns cheese!  What a treat :eat: 

I hope you are having fun Paula!  I doubt it will that warm in Yorkshire in November!  :whistle:  It certainly has been cold here with a few snowflakes today :cozy:

#11 2012-11-17 16:05:10

Prairie Chick

Good for you!  I also don't eat cheese but would love to try and make some.

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles
Waterfowl: Super dewlap Africans, Seb's, American Blue Geese, Muscovies,
also guinea fowl and peafowl

Adverts

Board footer