Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-09-22 21:44:39

NaturesPace
Website

Broody question

I have a broody EO girl sitting on 7 eggs that are due on Tuesday. I just got a few new hens from CR and one is very broody. She is now sitting on 2 wooden eggs. Do you think I should put some of the other eggs under her (that hatch on Tuesday) or let her sit on the wooden ones one give her a couple of chicks when they hatch under the other girl?

She has been sitting on wooden eggs at her old home too. Do you think I can fool her into thinking those are hers? She is a silver ameracauna.

More pictures and videos of chicks. www.outoforderacres.com

2012-09-22 21:44:39

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-09-22 22:37:02

Susan
Administrator

Re: Broody question

I bet you could. If she has been broody for awhile, she will most likely hatch them. Just keep an eye on things the first day.

#3 2012-09-23 02:23:16

Maggiesdad

Re: Broody question

slip them under at night... I'll bet she'll take them. Then pull the wooden eggs after she's accepted them. One of my BA girls would take any egg no matter what - I went out checking one evening and she had 17 eggs under her.  :shock:

Adverts

Board footer