Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-07-31 11:48:07

Susan
Administrator

What a morning- already!

Woke up at 3 today. Something not right. Looked out the window and saw my husband walking in the yard with the flash light. The horses had gotten out. Spent an hour looking before finding them in the neighbors hay field 2 houses down. They were very good about being caught but we had to step over the barbed wire fence to get out. It was still somewhat dark and we thought there was just the bottom strand which was only about 4 inches off the ground. My husband stepped on it and I started to lead them over. Well there was a second loose strand that my thoroughbred got immediately tangled in. I stopped and luckily so did he. He was very calm even though it was wrapped around his hock and over the other leg. My husband worked it off and got him free. Made it home fine after that. What a good boy!!! It could have been tragic. I hate barbed wire! All our fences are wood- at least if they break them, its not so scary. Thankfully the kids didn't wake up. My daughter would have panicked if I wasn't in the house at that time. So now I'm rather awake for the day. Guess that's good since its supposed to 31 with a humidex of 36 today. I want to do some pickled beets.

2011-07-31 11:48:07

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-07-31 13:03:51

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: What a morning- already!

Oh nasty barbed wire, that could definitely have been a bad situation.

And 31C you say, That sounds hot! I don't think we have been above 26 all summer. High of 25 forecast for today.

And Susan no offense but pickled beets are :sick: now pickled carrots, those are :eat:

I hope your day gets better!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2011-07-31 15:09:41

Susan
Administrator

Hee hee, the adrenaline wore off and I went back to bed. Oh and I love pickled beets!! Yummo! Off to the beet patch I go!

#4 2011-07-31 15:47:20

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Pickled beets are awesome!  Great in a bread and butter sandwich with a bit of salt! :eat:  Pickled carrots are :sick:

I am glad all was well with the horses.  Could have been awful, any idea how they got out?

PG I don't think we have been under 25*C for the past 5 weeks!  Maybe it is about that today, at least we have a breeze/gale today, had a thunderstorm already too! But warm and sunny and dry now :jumping:  I am measuring stuff in my new trailer for replacing counter tops and wall board stuff.  I am so excited about it, I can't explain why, just glee when I think of my trailer I can sit and write in looking at my future view!

#5 2011-07-31 16:40:35

Susan
Administrator

What a wonderful feeling, Enjoy it Claire! :)

#6 2011-07-31 19:01:24

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

#7 2011-07-31 20:29:48

Flat Rock Farm

Glad the horse is OK, I HATE barbed wire, nasty stuff.

Claire is right has been WAY to hot in Southern Ontario for my liking, well at least you got some rain this morning.  On my way to gubi's I saw the clouds to the north and figured you were getting something, or LL.

Pickled anything :sick:  LOL

#8 2011-07-31 23:22:34

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Yes it was around 7.  :jumping:   I still haven't been to Gubis, I have met him zillions of times at the Timmies in Listowel :thumbs:

#9 2011-08-01 21:47:36

Susan
Administrator

Good grief! Now today my son slammed my hand in the car door. Luckily I had frozen Saskatoons with me to ice it! I'm kind of afraid to see what tomorrow will bring!

#10 2011-08-02 00:43:44

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

Sorry to hear that hope it won't sewll badly.

Mainly raising Norwegian  Jaerhorn’s, Partridge  Chantecler’s, White Chantecler’s,  Euskal Oiloas, Ameraucana’s, Wheaten Maran’s, Barred Rock Cochin’s, White Silkie’s , Saxony Ducks, Rouen Clair ducks, Australian Spotted Ducks Lavender Guinea Fowl, Welsh Mountain Sheep, Cashmere Goats and Texas Longhorn Cattle.

#11 2011-08-02 02:35:31

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

:sad: Ouch! I hope it isn't throbbing too badly and there's no permanent damage.  Is that three bad things over with yet?  Count the hot day as one too!  It was hot and sunny here, 26, then 28 and hotter today I think.  :thumbs:  I am enjoying a/c in my motel room now!

Adverts

Board footer