Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-08-09 04:41:22

Island Girl

What was I thinking....

I volunteered to be a helper this year at the Coombs Fair. Tonight I helped tag the cages for the sanctioned poultry show, well one thing lead to another and I decided to enter my EO roo and an EO hen. As they are not accepted into the standard yet :-) it was suggested that I supply a picture and as much of a write up about them that I can. What do you suggest I print off? :nervous:

XOX Monika

2012-08-09 04:41:22

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-08-09 11:20:36

poplar girl
Administrator

Re: What was I thinking....

Well that's kind of neat monika.

For the written description for the judges I would print this:
http://forums.euskaloiloas.com/viewtopic.php?id=558

For photos that's a bit tougher. This winter I do intend to have a graphic artist friend of mine render drawing like you would see in the SOP but for now there is this tread to maybe grab a rooster picture from: http://forums.euskaloiloas.com/viewtopic.php?id=569

Not sure what to suggest for a hen. Maybe someone has a picture or can take one of the almost perfect bird? I know I keep seeing flaws in all mine...

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#3 2012-08-09 14:32:32

Susan
Administrator

Take a look at the pics I sent you from Orozco's book PG. I will later as well when I get in the house. Maybe I could send Monika one of them?

#4 2012-08-09 16:04:56

Island Girl

Susan I would love for you to send me any pictures you think are applicable, pg I had been looking at that thread with the roos last night but that roos comb in the first picture scared me away. Wellie's looks much nicer in my opinion. Thanks for the description link I will print that one out and use it. As for which girl to use I'm really not sure, I have such a variety on the colors. I know I should NOT use my checkered girls, or the fawn colored ones or even the Gorria colored ones as I want to show the Maraduna but which shade of goldy/reddish blond should I use? :duh: I think I have it figured out til I go to get one, arghh!

XOX Monika

#5 2012-08-10 03:16:27

poplar girl
Administrator

Monika, review this thread. They are not perfect examples but ok. The body color of the hens is correct I think.

Susan, I remember the EOs in Orozco's book having color flaws, the type may be good but I remember white feathers in the roos tail, etc.

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Adverts

Board footer