Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-07-06 13:08:16

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

EO/LAm/WAm/BPen for sale. 1 weeks to adults. **Pic Loaded!**

PIC LOADEDThings have got majorly unsettled here thanks to Nathans employers and I am not going to wait any longer to see what we have in EOs, we need to get costs down right away.
We are going to need to let some birds go fairly soon, next few weeks is OK,  if we can tag the ones spoken for and I can let others go sooner.

I do have a larger number some really nice younger ones with lots of brown and very little black (mostly in the 3-6 week age group, some 8 weeks too), but the youngest I couldn't guarantee sex 100% at 2 weeks. They are mostly Sunny Jims, and nearly all insanely friendly, and some of Blondie/Curly's though they are all mixed up now.  I have been keeping the bright yellow chicks when selling the day olds for pets and hobby homes and I can see a difference in the groups for it.  I some 4 week old Llodiana type (Blondie types-white legs mainly), probably 4 or more nice roos, 1 is 12 weeks, one 8 weeks and the more younger ones.  There are the usual ones with little too much grey as well. I know we have lots of extra roos we'll be putting in the freezer, but there are some super sweet pets too.

I will be keeping a handful of EOs chicks for now.  I will be allowing the breeding homes the best birds and layer homes likely will get the off colour (but still pretty) pullets.

I will be posting these on Kijiji and PSO wanted to make sure you guys got what you want first.   Those of you who have already asked about layer birds get priority but for quite a few of these I can't guaranteee sex, that's why I was raising them up a bit longer. 

Let me know if you are interested, I'll be working on pics today and tomorrow and pressure washing some housing today as the young are still in the barn so it'll be difficult to get nice images and judge colour, compared to when they are outside. 

Other breeds
Some 8 week black pennies, males and female mostly breeding quality and heavy little things, some breeding culls/yellow feet.
4-6 week old "pick of the litter" chanteclers, I think 2 males 2 female

Possibly spoken for are
Four 1-year old Chantecler hens, a bit flightly but good layers
Specky's 4 girls the neon yellow leggers, though they are faded right now (1 yo)

As I said, I will go into more detail when I have pics with numbers and prices.  I have to run out and do some errands now.  I hope this comes to nothing, but we have to be prepared. :whistle:

2012-07-06 13:08:16

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-07-06 13:37:22

Prairie Chick

Re: EO/LAm/WAm/BPen for sale. 1 weeks to adults. **Pic Loaded!**

Oh Claire :hug: you and Nathan will be in my prayers...wish i was closer, I would take some of your birds!

Chickens:  EO's, BLRW, Ameracauna's (blue/black/splash also Lavender) and lavender D'Uccles
Waterfowl: Super dewlap Africans, Seb's, American Blue Geese, Muscovies,
also guinea fowl and peafowl

#3 2012-07-06 14:23:38

Flat Rock Farm

Claire am sorry to hear this.  It has been such a roller coaster ride with Nathans job, it's too bad.  Well with feed prices I can understand, since I downsized last summer and spring I have noticed a HUGE difference in costs.  The Wynadotte's where the hugest gobblers of feed.
I will take the mixed wheaten pullets from you when they are ready.  Unfortunately I don't have anymore room or I would love to take a few other off your hands.  I have extra cockerels using up good pens not knowing were else to put them :huh:
Well I hope nothing comes of it but yes I can see being prepared :hug:

#4 2012-07-06 14:24:49

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks PC.  It's not desperate yet or anything, but we have to make plans. Good thing I am starting to earn money online anyway, takes the edge off.  We should find out in a week, but we are preparing for the worst anyway.  OK, now to pressure wash coops Yum :thumbs:

#5 2012-07-06 15:33:40

Susan
Administrator

:hug: I'm sorry to hear this Claire. I am sure you will find great homes for them! I wish I could help, but we are on the same situation as Malcolm just lost his job too. I have also been downsizing in a small way. I hope Nathan finds out good news soon!

#6 2012-07-06 18:41:56

poplar girl
Administrator

I hope everything turns out well Claire but its best to be prepared for a worst case situation..  Hope you are able to find good homes for all the chooks you have for sale. Add my name to the "wish I was closer list".

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#7 2012-07-07 03:03:53

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks everyone.  Time will tell, we have some ideas anyway.  It is not as bad as it sounds.  :applause:

#8 2012-07-07 04:21:20

appway

wish I was closer and wish I had money
Sending good thoughts your way as I know all will work out for the good
Joe

#9 2012-07-07 05:06:26

Island Girl

:hug: thoughts and prayers are with you.

XOX Monika

So where do I go to order goodies from you?  :thumbsup:

Last edited by Island Girl (2012-07-07 05:10:00)

#10 2012-07-07 06:29:59

Micah and Kiah

:hug:    Just back from camping (hubby stayed home to take care of my wee chicks) and read this,  prayers and good thoughts with you and Nathan!  I would like to buy breeding stock EOs from you.  I'll send you photos of the three 6 week olds and you know the eggs I have just gotten from you so maybe you could help me make some good choices and I will come get them when you wish. Feel free to email me with ideas.  You have such awesome ideas and such a good heart, things will work out!

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#11 2012-07-07 15:31:04

Susan
Administrator

Island Girl wrote:

:hug: thoughts and prayers are with you.

XOX Monika

So where do I go to order goodies from you?  :thumbsup:

Claire has awesome stuff on zazzle! I ordered a bunch of cards at Christmas- they are lovely!

#12 2012-07-07 21:32:19

Terra-Blue
Website

Wish I was in Canada!

Joni Johnson
Terra-Blue Pyrenean Shepherds
www.terra-blue.net

#13 2012-07-08 03:45:06

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks Guys!

Appway if you were closer I'd give you some of my lovelies!  They are all so freindly this year, finding homes shouldn't be too bad. but it is hard letting them go when they all cluster round for attention.

Thanks Kathy.  I am still going through them all so I can properly list what I have and I will let you now.  I hope the birds are OK, things have been crazy here we have been listing and selling stuff on kijiji, trying to get a bit of cash and get the clutter down if/when we have to move, and have barely been in the house.

Monika, Thanks it's here, you can customise them too like put your name on or change the messages! 
http://www.zazzle.ca/rarepoultrygifts

Paula, I will see what I have.  the only Chanty Wheaten crosses I have are three, so far, 1 day-olds (Broody hatching them today) and they are cute (like a wheaten penny) all egyptian mascara types.  I do have lots of EO girls though many are young, 3-10 weeks. 

I have  belted galloway one too, they are so cute
http://www.zazzle.ca/beltedgallowaystore

I will post pics tomorrow, I have more rearranging to do, now we have some coops clean.  Just out the last breeders back in the layer coop.

#14 2012-07-08 06:41:56

Micah and Kiah

Claire, I can drive up if you like and be a gimpy farm hand for a day, let me know when you could use my help.  Let me know what birds you are wanting to sell.  I'd rather see them stay with you, I know you love them but at least they will be close by and I can give you some eggs from them down the road.

When ever I do a hatch of eggs in the future I want to have a few EO chicks in the group.  The three wee EOs I have have even calmed the normally flighty Barnevelders!  Today as I was talking to my TPC and getting gentle pecks from the three EOS, a couple PCs and a Barnie hopped onto the arms of my chair to get thier pets!

:EO:

Paula,  a couple weeks ago I got 4 more Wheaten-Claire's  (Wheaten-Partridge Chanty mix) eggs and they should pop the second week of July.  Mini-Wheat, my first of this mix, is so beautiful. Full beard and muff, stunning feathers...similar to a Blue Wheaten.  If all 4 hatch I could give you some chicks, after all one of my EOs is from a free egg from you :)

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#15 2012-07-08 15:29:21

Flat Rock Farm

Thanks Kathy, but I am wanting some pullets only for my layer pen.  I don't care that they are mixed breed just some good layers.  I re-homed over 20 roosters this season already :shock:, I don't want anymore.

Claire whenever you know what they are just let me know and I will take them. :thumbs:

#16 2012-07-09 14:45:14

Micah and Kiah

Paula, I'd give you some pullets but I am not skilled at knowing who is boy or girl when they are little!  If it is just for layers and not breeding, I have a BLRW pullet  you can have for free.  She won't be for breeding as she has one crooked toe on each foot.  She is 13 weeks old and has a small comb and hasn't crowed so I feel fairly sure she is a she. Claire gave me a lesson and so now I know which Wheaten Americanas are pullets or cockerals!  Lindylou explained the Favorelles to me ( I have one boy and one girl) Let me know!

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#17 2012-07-09 15:56:56

Flat Rock Farm

Kathy, thanks for the offer of the BLRW pullet I have about 20 of them in the incubator right now from BC.  So I will pass for now, thanks.

#18 2012-07-11 14:32:28

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the offer Kathy.  I think we will be fine.  It takes time just to get organized and even figure what needs to be done.  :whistle:

I am just loading my pics up to Photobucket and I did an excel spreadsheet to try and keep track of what I have available.  We have way more roosters than hens this year, which for once, did not bother me at all (actually it's usually doesn't, I think I officially love the roosters more, 'cept the TPC and Wheaten Am hens are the sweetest :chairhide:) but it looks like this year it will count.  I won't knowingly sell roos to people as hens, but there are some I am just not sure about yet and will say so in the listings.

Some will have to go as groups some can go individually.  Most of the not sures will be younger and go as straight run.  I'll post if the EO roos have breed potential.  We have a few nice brown guys with yellow legs this year too and we have never had a friendlier group or year overall! :EO:

I am just listing the ones I am sure about selling today as I need to leg band some more tonight.

#19 2012-07-11 19:26:30

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Sorry please don't ask me to split up the groups.  We need to find homes easily and with running to the bank, selling equipment, getting rid of liabilities and figuring things out, I don't have a lot of time to have people come for just one or 2 at a time, and I am trying to find homes for some of the worthy roosters.  I am really sorry.  I hate to insist.  I'll be listing on PSO, and Kijiji too.

2-3 week old - 10 EO's in brooder, mostly unsexable, some very white looking looks like some nice browns too ($90 for all), very friendly already *SOLD PPU*

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/skefflinglavenderfarm/IMG_0967.jpg
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/skefflinglavenderfarm/IMG_0968.jpg

Mixed sex Breeding type groups

LA Quartet ($80) *SOLD PPU*
One 2 year old Lavender Ameraucana Rooster, comb a little big, nice nature
Three 2 year-old smaller lavender Ameraucana hens (just finishing moult) lay bright blue eggs
Fertility has maybe been 50% but we have had a few chicks

[b]Chantecler 5-tet ($80)[/b]

Rooster 2 years old mild mannered, Roblyn Eyrie Line, quite Wyandotty in shape

4 just under one year old pullets (Chickee's Mom x John Blehm lines mostly), lay well good free rangers, not that friendly, one is a little gold but they are nice looking and fine for breeding, they have the nice narrower Cornish shape

Roosters

12-14 week olds (9 roosters total - $50 for all of 9 of them)

1 Wheatan marans rooster (comb is irregular) $10
3 black/copper black pennies, gorgeous but not for breeding (yellow skin), and coppery too  $30 for all 3  they will be nice for meat in another month or two
1 whit-ish Chantecler, friendly $10
3 Off white/grey EOs not that friendly $10 each
1 Blondies son (will look like Sunny) light brown barring no grey, white legs though, friendly

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/skefflinglavenderfarm/IMG_1002.jpg
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/skefflinglavenderfarm/IMG_1006.jpg

#20 2012-07-12 02:05:39

northmountaingal

As I looked at your photos, I kept wishing I wasn't so far away! I would love to have had the opportunity to get more EOs for potential breeding...although mine are only ~7 weeks old (approx), in my heart I have big plans, lol!

Wishing you good luck in finding homes for your wonderful birds and keep your chin up during this rough time...very sorry to hear of your troubles. You are wise to scramble to sort things out as best as possible.

2 Australian Cattle Dogs, a gang of indoor kitties and a my coop of chickens makes for a happy household here on the North Mountain of Nova Scotia's Annapolis Valley.

#21 2012-07-12 02:25:27

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks NMG! They are lovely birds.  we usually have friendly chooks here but these year the proportion of crazy friendly is through the roof! :love:  We will be OK, it's just a pain! :banginghead:

#22 2012-07-12 03:18:31

Micah and Kiah

Hang in there Claire, I am so sorry this is happenning to you and Nathan!  Dennis and I have just gone through a major time of change, physical injury, stress and financial challenges.I was very down.  I kept thinking, " They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade but I've had so many lemons I'm out of sugar for the lemonade."   I had to make some decisions that were very hard so we would be ok. Lynn came into our lives then and has been a great encouragement and friend. Things are going smoother now and we are ok.  I know you will be too.  You have a gift of generousity for others.  You are bright, talented and strong.  Hang in there.  I will email which of the beautiful babies I hope I can take home.  I am still at a cottage my brother rented but could come up Sunday if you like.

All the best,

Kiah and Micah

#23 2012-07-12 04:05:33

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Thanks Kathy, how kind.  I watch "the Secret" when I forget to be positive and it works every time.  I only have to do it about every 2 years!  :thumbs:  We should be around this weekend.  Looks like someone is coming for the horse trailer Sunday too. :jumping:

#24 2012-07-12 06:21:19

debbiej

I pray everything works out for you.

#25 2012-07-12 11:54:20

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Sorry to hear that things are so unsettled for you.  I'm not in the position to bring more birds here right now or I would jump at taking some of yours.  I pray things settle down and everything works out for you and Nathan.  I can't imagine how much stress this has added to you.

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”      Unknown

Adverts

Board footer