Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2011-07-25 01:55:07

poplar girl
Administrator

Caramel and Butterscotch

I think these babies are 5 weeks old. Caramel and Butterscotch just seemed to fit for names for these two pullets, they are just so sweet! Both are black horse ranch EOs.

Caramel will jump or fly from anywhere to visit which can be stressful!
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac252/sulzmi/3219f060.png

Butterscotch is a bit more reserved but still a friendly little girl.
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac252/sulzmi/992cdd13.png

The two on my lap.
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac252/sulzmi/3453ea94.png

Caramel has some side sprigs. Butterscotch has white legs. I intend to keep them both!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

2011-07-25 01:55:07

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-07-25 03:37:35

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Re: Caramel and Butterscotch

What lovely girls.  So friendly.  I can see why you'd want to keep them both :love:  Thanks for sharing their pics, great names :thumbs:

#3 2011-07-25 11:15:02

Flat Rock Farm

Nice little girls, they still have some of their baby fuzz on their heads, cute!

#4 2011-07-25 13:33:27

gubi
Website

nice girls.  You just wait until they are full grown and want to sit on you.  I like my chicken calm but I don't have any that fly up on me which is just fine with me.

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#5 2011-07-25 14:16:24

Susan
Administrator

Lovely PG, I'd keep them too :). Isn't it funny how many "knee". And "foot" pics we get? You have to lean way back to take them so they aren't out of focus!  Btw. I have turkey who does the fly on your shoulder thing- cute now- but what happens when he's 45 lbs????

#6 2011-07-25 16:08:52

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

The names fit.

Mainly raising Norwegian  Jaerhorn’s, Partridge  Chantecler’s, White Chantecler’s,  Euskal Oiloas, Ameraucana’s, Wheaten Maran’s, Barred Rock Cochin’s, White Silkie’s , Saxony Ducks, Rouen Clair ducks, Australian Spotted Ducks Lavender Guinea Fowl, Welsh Mountain Sheep, Cashmere Goats and Texas Longhorn Cattle.

#7 2011-07-26 02:47:04

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Susan wrote:

Lovely PG, I'd keep them too :). Isn't it funny how many "knee". And "foot" pics we get? You have to lean way back to take them so they aren't out of focus!

:cheer: I know I thought that when I saw the pics!  And how cute the pullets were of course! =D

I love that fuzz too...if you had that little bit of leftover fluff on you, they'd have it pecked off in no time!

#8 2011-07-26 03:02:25

poplar girl
Administrator

Funny how some people call this stage the ugly stage, part feathered out part baby fuzz. You know you are in the presence of chicken people when all you get is the awww cutes! BHR mentioned a lack of females successfully hatching. I only have 3 of 9. The other girl is very grey. Anybody want to select for grey EO wow do I have lots and some very friendly and nice looking too! Several of the roosters are grey and white with almost no brown. Actually even the ones with brown have too much grey ( to my eye) and some clavell combs and mostly white legs too. It will be fun selecting and improving on these guys ( while keeping friendly as a top priority) over the next few years!

Raising red cuckoo (marraduna) Euskal Oiloak and self blue (lavender) & black Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

#9 2011-07-26 03:04:09

poplar girl
Administrator

Oh and yes, how far back you can hold the camera and still see the view screen is an extremely important skill to have when photographing EOs!

#10 2011-07-26 03:31:06

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

It is interesting to see the colouring and features in all the branches of the family tree!  I agree on selecting friendlies :thumbs:

Adverts

Board footer