Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-06-23 14:38:53

Terra-Blue
Website

Leg Color

I have a question on leg color...

While a bright clear yellow is easy to identify, I am curious about what people are calling willow.  It seems some of mine are whitish, but then others are the same whitish, but with a cast of yellow which ends up being a greenish yellow color.  Where I grew up (in NY) we had lots of willow trees and their branches were a greenish yellow.  So is the greenish yellow color willow?  I think I have been mistakenly calling all the non-yellow ones willow, but as they get older to me there is a distinction.  If so what is the whitish color called?  (Sorry for all the non-technical color names!  haha)

Last edited by Terra-Blue (2012-06-23 14:41:39)

Joni Johnson
Terra-Blue Pyrenean Shepherds
www.terra-blue.net

2012-06-23 14:38:53

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-06-23 17:44:09

gubi
Website

Re: Leg Color

The EO''s have four different leg colours.  yellow the desired colour, willow(yellow skin with dark underneath, white and blue(white skin with dark underneaths it).
Here's a discussion on it from last year where I had similar questions to you.
http://forums.euskaloiloas.com/viewtopic.php?id=110

Herd of Brown Swiss, a few sheep, red cuckoo basque, Silverspangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, ameraucanas(EE), Welsummer, broodie silkies and a few more heritage hens

#3 2012-07-02 04:05:52

Terra-Blue
Website

Re: Leg Color

Thanks!

Joni Johnson
Terra-Blue Pyrenean Shepherds
www.terra-blue.net

Adverts

Board footer