Euskal Oiloa Chicken Forum

A place to find out more and share what you know about this awesome rare poultry breed! **NOTE: Those who wish to register as a new member on the forum are asked to email eochickenforum@gmail.com and an Administrator will gladly help you join the forum!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-06-16 12:52:50

Lisa

Fella looking for ready-to-lay pioneers....

Morning All! =D

Helen and I recently attended a pastured poultry workshop, and met a man who has been doing grass-fed beef for quite a while. He just recently found out that his cattle would benefit from some avian clean-up engineers, so is looking to get started.

He's getting a coop built (luxury accomodations!) - it will be delivered next week. He'd like to give away eggs to his beef customers at the end of the summer, so he needs birds that are at least close to ready-to-lay now. The birds will be in the pasture, and he'd like standard size (rather than bantams). He's not particular as to breed. We're looking for tough pioneering types. Helen and I have a pair of eo's for him (cockeral and pullet) that were born the end of January. So the girls will have a sturdy lad to look after them.

Anybody got anyone who would lay well, be easy to manage for a newbie, and would like a new job?

Oh, the fella lives somewhere near Durham, Ontario.

Thanks for the help!

Lisa

When all else fails, go spend time with your chickens. :)

Pens are currently filled with Red Cuckoo (Marraduna) and Red Basque (Gorria) breeders, Spitz, and Seramas.

2012-06-16 12:52:50

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-06-17 02:11:28

skeffling lavender farm
Administrator
Website

Re: Fella looking for ready-to-lay pioneers....

Sorry no help here but it sounds like a  good idea.  We are still hatching here and as I sold a lot of my earlier hatches as chicks, so do not have any spare POLs right now and Paula has dibs on them when we figure out which ones they are!  Hopefully someone has them. 

I tell you what, my sumatras loved the cow poo more than any other breed here, and our cows never had grain.  Sometimes they had little moopoo tide marks on their beaks, :sick: and they systematically raked and spread out every cow pat.  The EOs wouldn't say no either!

Adverts

Board footer